BIG RED I is offline Junior Member

diabetic and dehydration question?

for the best part of reasoning, i'm either a diabetic or have impaired glucose tolerance. hypoglycemia isnt that far away a possibility. there is evidently a communication breakdown in it's purerst form here in thailand.

some on this board, will remember me having induced hypertension from the use of numerous ASS preparations and ancillary hormones. to date i'm ignorant of whether the cause was related to ASS or other cause(s).

(fasting plasma glucose test) - 81 mg/dL (12 hours fasting-blood serum),
    (random plasma glucose test)- taken shortly after eating or drinking - 90/90/84/110/97/ mg/dL,
    (GDM testing 1 hour 50g glucose)- 125ng/dL and then two weeks later 127ng/dL. i though this test was for pregnant ladies?

concerning the GDM test, any problems? male and not expecting soon!!

secondly, rising from bed, i endure over heating. this worries me much as i've not been able to fathom a cause link. i found today on the net, inadequate consumption of water can lead to poor motor functioning of the body during exercise and post exercise. in addition to consuming not enough water, this could lead to diabetes and high blood pressure. i must mention, i consume regularly up to 2-3 litres of water daily. i live in pattaya (very warm). how much extra water do i need? anyway, i'm now drinking ton loads of water and will put that theory to the test!

i wonder if bradycardia could be related in some way to the water issue. i'm regularly exercising now, morning and afternoons, but don't seem to find an answer to all my questions? red.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: diabetic and dehydration question?

Originally posted by BIG RED I
    for the best part of reasoning, i'm either a diabetic or have impaired glucose tolerance. hypoglycemia isnt that far away a possibility. there is evidently a communication breakdown in it's purerst form here in thailand...

(fasting plasma glucose test) - 81 mg/dL (12 hours fasting-blood serum),
    (random plasma glucose test)- taken shortly after eating or drinking - 90/90/84/110/97/ mg/dL,
    (GDM testing 1 hour 50g glucose)- 125ng/dL and then two weeks later 127ng/dL. i though this test was for pregnant ladies?
    If these results are an indication, you are not diabetic. Your fasting results are a wet dream for anyone - anything under 115 is considered excellent. Likewise, your random tests do tend to be low, not high.

However, if you want to know for sure whether you are diabetic, the test to have done is a Hemoglobin A1C (HbA1C), which measures the course of your glucose over a period of many weeks rather than just a few hours. An HbA1C under 6.0 is considered normal, and a level of 7.0 is considered acceptable for someone who is diabetic.

BIG RED I is offline Junior Member

random test results_

yes they do seem low. is that not something to worry about? red. thanx.

overheating is classified as thermo regulation? brain functioning and hormones are involved in some way. i'm quite concerned this may be a permenant feature of my bradycardia situ. thankyou for the input.

incidentally, was the GDM test necessary? apparently after the intake of fifty grams of glucose, 1 hour post, the body is quite normal up to a reading of 250 mg/dL. can i say a communication breakdown occured in the translation of the results? doctor indicated i had glucose intolerance? is there any validity in in the staement? red. thanx.

Thread Information