Matty is offline Junior Member

Endocrinolgist visit and gyno on HRT

Greetings All and Happy Friday!!!

I've been on HRT now for 6 months. My weekly injects went from .5mL to 1mL and I started getting gyno symptoms - itchy/painful nips - not good! Anyway I contacted my doc and let her know the deal. I asked her to prescribe me Arimidex - she did, but my insurance won't cover it. So I asked for Teslac and Nolvadex . I could tell she hadn't dealt with this situation before she said she didn't feel comfortable prescribing me with either medication. She consulted with an endocrinologist who recommended I discontinue my test therapy and schedule and appointment to see him in 2-3 weeks. Of course I'm not prepared to end my HRT this soon. Luckily I had a feeling this might happen so I started poking around for assistance last week. Thanks to mods/vets for helping me straighten things out!!! I've got anti-e's and anti-aromatases on the way so I should be good to go.

I'm going to schedule the appointment with the endocrinologist - I really want to find out what's causing my hypogonadism. I'm sure he'll want to run more f***ing bloodwork. Since I've increased my dosage of test cyp (and probably will up again once all my accessories arrive) and don't want to send up any red flags - How much time should I allow for my test levels to drop before seeing him?

Also, concerning the gyno - should I wait to up my test injects until after the symptoms subside?

Thanks,
    Matty
    Last edited by Matty; 08-30-2002 at 10:06 AM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Endocrinolgist visit and gyno on HRT

Two to three weeks should do the trick if you want your test levels to be sufficiently low.

However, if your levels are currently in normal or slightly high range (as opposed to very high range), you may not have to drop the injections.

As I recall, you started out with very low readings. So before you go to the endocrinologist, ask your doctor for copies of all of your previous labwork - that way, you will have documentation that you were on HRT for legit reasons in the first place.

I don't want to speculate on the gyno, since I'm not aware of your current HRT routine nor the extent of your gyno symptoms (that is, whether you are simply experiencing itching or whether you have developed a 38-D cup size).

And don't sweat the bloodwork. If you have not previously seen an endo, chances are that you didn't have the full spectrum of lab work done for hypogonadism symptoms in the first place. Also, if the endo wants to send you for an MRI of the pituitary gland, let him - that's also a standard part of the package if you truly want to find out the reason for your low test readings.

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Thanks TNT. Once again you have provided valuable information!

Have a great weekend - Matty

Thread Information