Thread: Liver values

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member

Liver values

I did some research on this unsuccessfully about 6 months ago. I appreciate any input on doctor's recommendation, medical studies, personal anecdotes,links etc. Thanks!

Lewd

figures no replies.

my sister had high liver values and has medical insurance so I was excited to hear that(sad to say). I wanted to know what medicines she was given to correct the problem. and guess what. no medications. doc just said to avoid alcohol which she rarely drinks...I am still working on this.

if you find a drug or supplement that may be helpful you can look up studies here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi

basically I do a seach with the drug/herb/supplement combined with "liver" and "alcohol" since I think alcohol damages the liver in a similar way to oral AS.

Lewd

arginine,apartic acid,glutamic acid,methionine,silimarine,piridoxine,plants(liv52 ),phospholippides

short list given to me from an european online doc buddy of mine. I'll look into them later and post studies.

I came across some studies on NAC being effective also

Tyler's Liver Detox is another option but there are no actul studies on the combination as a whole whereas liv52 does have studies.

your liver is able to heal itself which is great and you can use the liver protectors above

avoid alcohol, aspirin, liver toxic drugs(oral AS).

so nothing new or groundbreaking here. seems like prevention is better than cure in this case as I do not see any prescribed meds for high liver values

currently I use milk thistle and liv52

liv52 link with some clinical studies:
    http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/pr.../liv_syrup.htm

IGNORE THIS REPLY FOR NOW. I NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS AND DO NOT LIKE TO WRITE STUFF DOWN IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY SOMETHING ON THE LIST PLEASE REPLY

metaspar,mecopar,hepaton,liv 52,and essentiale fort are all prescribed as liver protector in his country in europe. I'll look those up later.

LewdIGNORE THIS REPLY FOR NOW. I NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS AND DO NOT LIKE TO WRITE STUFF DOWN IF YOU CAN IDENTIFY SOMETHING ON THE LIST PLEASE REPLY

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Lewd, where did you obtain the Liv52?? I too use Milk Thistle and add Cranberry juice as well. I am always interested in any liver aides. Thanks for the links, good info.

Oc

shoot me a PM

Lewd

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    found this

There are some drugs and nutrients that may help you lower your liver enzymes. Some of them are also good for hepatitis. Ask your doctor or call us at the PWA Health Group to learn more about these products:
    Alpha Interferon | Beta Interferon | Ribavirin | 3TC | Thioctic Acid | SSKT | Glycerrhizin | Milk Thistle | NAC | Astragalus | Chickory | Dandelion | Centaury | American | Mandrake | Celandine

from here http://www.aidsinfonyc.org/pwahg/info/liver.html

i have a PDR in my PC and I will get to this on the weekend. I forgot about that.

Lewd

In my search on learning about the liver I found some good links and gained insight to the process of how drugs are broken down and how toxicity is created.Don't stop asking questions, reading, researching, and learning if you want to be in the AS world. Please take a look at the following thread:

http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=36532

dangers of drug interactions via the P450 pathway increase with age.

caladin is offline Junior Member
    ALA

Thread Information