concious is offline New Member

Motivation and Social Contact With Like-Minded Guys

Just moved to the burbs in Dallas, TX from South Beach. Love the area. Joined a smaller gym. But you get what you would expect in the burbs...lots of soccer moms and weekend warriors in the gym. Great people and all different levels of fitness, but not looking for the same workout results.

So I am kind starting over...not looking for a source, but a motivating environment and a place to make contacts that could eventually lead to some friendships, maybe workout buddies. First thought is a different gym....but there's not a lot of choice where I am and I opted for convenience, exclusivity, and quality over the mega fitness disco -sign-em-up-and sell-em more-palaces.

I am pretty happy that AR is around...but sometimes reading isn't enough....

Any advice for a guy out of his element and trying to get big. I know there are a lot of Texas bro's and suburbanites outhere that are doing great...what's your secret?

Thanks

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    welcome to the board bro, im sure some of these guys will be able to help you out.
    im a suburbanite myself, but i go into the city to lift, as thats where all the hardcore gyms are. out by my home its just like you said........disco sign 'em up palaces. i cant deal with that.
    i think you'll find these guys to be knowledgable, and friendly as well. enjoy your stay.........

peace bb79

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Hey bro.../.I train in Carrollton and Dallas. Lots of good people here. Good luck... Reach out if you like.

Thread Information