Special "K" is offline New Member

Unhappy Helllllllllllllllo, thirties...next stop, bypass surgery.

I was wondering if anybody out there has been diagnosed with high cholesterol, and tried to fight it without taking lipitor or other statin drugs.

Mine is 240, I think my bad cholesterol is around 140. I know I consumed twice the daily recommended allowances of cholesterol (I put down at least 600 mg/day from Cytogainer and crappy eating habits).

I do have high cholesterol running in my family, but I would like to try to clean up my diet and check it again in about 3 months to see if it helps.

Has anyone else had this problem, and beat it without drugs? I have a hard time finding a 3000 calorie bulking diet that is around 200 mg/day of cholesterol. Any pointers?

Spesh

P.S. I am 31 and never done a cycle.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro,
    i can relate. its really hard to try to take in 3000-4000 calories a day, and not eat some "bad for you" foods.
    all i can say from my experiences is to try to eat as clean as possible when youre bulking, and try to eat more of it. im no expert on the cholesterol thing, so im sure you'll get some better responses than mine.

if youre going to diet however, there are a lot of things you can do to cut cholesterol, and im sure you know the drill when it comes to stuff like this.

wish i could be of more help to you, but the other brothers will step up here, im sure.

peace bb79

goatscrot is offline New Member
    Spesh,
    Having a 140 LDL is not all that bad if the RATIO is still in line. Your 240 means that you have 100 HDL which is GOOD...therefore you have a good ratio. Your Chol and mine are EXACTLY the same.
    If your blood pressure is low and you are a non smoker than your risk is still in the less then 1% bracket. With no risk factors statins are usually not given unless the LDL is 190.....
    As far as statins are concerned many cardiologists take tehm even though they have low cholesterol. My friend (who helped design Pravachol for BMY) thinks they can be a benefit to almost everyone.
    At 37 I might take them just for good measure.
    GS

Special "K" is offline New Member
    Thanks for the replys.

Spesh

Thread Information