Thread: Chiropractor

lucky is offline New Member

Cool Chiropractor

Has anyone here been to on and did it help.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Yep..had my L3 and L4 locked together..I found that it only helped when I saw the chiro and added massage therapy. My muscles where spasiming around the locked vertabre to give it support causing the pain. The Doc would crack it and unlock the two and then the muscle since they were spasimed would just lock them back up. So I added massage therapy to it..and in 2 weeks time I was problem free and haven't had a problem since.
    Last edited by Shredz; 11-27-2002 at 12:08 PM.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I'll be honest. I use to think that they were nothing but backwoods wantabe doctors, but I have to admit that I really misjudged them. I have had years of back pain and just working my way through it no longer was an option. I went to my regular doctor, however, all he did was give me muscle relaxers which I hated.

There is a guy who works out in my gym who is a chiropractor and I deceide I would give him a shot. After several x-rays, I found that my spine had twisted most likely due to the numerous car wrecks that I had as a youth. I am presently on a 6 month rehabe ( spell?) session with him and I'm not only lifting harder in the gym but I running ALOT further with out any back pain at all to mention. My advice would be to go for it.
    IC

BigLad is offline New Member
    Tobey - what kind of stuff has he got you doing for the rehab programme mate?

NoChance is offline New Member
    I would be in a world of hurt without my Chriopractor treatments. My neck gets stiff and all it takes is one adjustment and it is instant relief! Give these guys a try before you try and decide if they re valid or not.

Rick

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i went to one years ago, i will be going back one day soon. they fix things you didnt know was wrong hehe

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    they have been a huge help to me there have been many times where i wrenched my neck or back lifting and every time they get it all back in place. I would highly recomend them.

skid is offline Banned
    I've been going to mine for over 2 years now ... I had some lower back pain, and in addition he found my neck was so far out of alignment that left untreated I would have SEVERE problems in 10 years or so ... I will be forever greatful

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Yes I go to the bone cracker when ever I feel I need it, I was in an rear end collision back in 82 and have been going just about ever since went from 5'6" to 5'7" in one session and boy does it feel great after too. So if you need it go just becareful who you go to, have them checked out before you go because if he does something wrong it will hurt more than when u came in.

PMSLunatic is offline Female Member
    I go to a DC regularly.....but one who preforms Active Release Technique....I could not live w/out him......if you can find one that uses ART you'll be a very luck person and you'll benefit from it greatly

da bitch
    [

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I go once aweek it helps me, with back and neck problems.

You might get a kick out of this.

How many Chiropractors does it take to change a light bulb?

JohnnyB
    Last edited by JohnnyB; 12-11-2002 at 02:36 PM.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    One,
    but it will take 7 visits

JohnnyB

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I went to one for the maximum number of appointments the insurance company would pay for (20 per year) and felt much better. I'd wake up some mornings with a hellacious crook in my neck--couldn't stand upright without lots of pain. Anyway, after the 20th chiropractor visit I felt pretty good for a few months, then the pain came back. Someone told me an osteopath was a combination chiropractor and regular MD, so I went to one. Damned if that osteopath didn't fix me up permanantly in one visit . . . showed me how to stretch my back to keep the problem from reoccurring, too. No problems in 15 years or so.

Thread Information