johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

50 yrs Old -First Cycle

Howdy Pardners,

I've posted here before months ago and got a lot of great responses so I thought I'd try it again.If you remember me from before I've been lifting for over 20yrs and kinda think I've reached my natural potential so wanted to do at least one cycle. Had my checkups, everything's cool. Been researching for a year, lost $$ and months on bad sources (Customs seized my first one) but think I've finally got a good one. Corresponded with some really cool people from this site, who've helped a lot.

Thought I'd run my proposed cycle past you all. in case anyone still hangs out here in the GrownUps section, and maybe keep you posted on my progress...

600mg/week EQ weeks 1-12
    35mg/day Oxandrolone weeks 8-13
    HCG , Nolva after

Maybe the EQ dosage is high, but I do weigh 228 at 6'5", bf18%. Would like to do 200mg/wk test enan but don't want to mess with bloating or any potential fat gain. Since I'm coming at this so late I'm always racking my brains and scoping the web for the "perferct" cycle for me since I'm not keen on doing much more. I'm going with HCG and Nolva rather than Clomid due to advice from recent posts and the possiblity of "occular toxicity" from Clomid. (I'd rather loose my joystick than mess with my vision and I'm not talking Atari.)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks ya'll! AR has some really great people!

Steele is offline Member
    i'm interested to see how it goes. i think its great. sides shouldn't be bad if you see any at all.

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    Eq is a nice, mild drug for a first cycle. I really believe, though, that test should be the base of every cycle. A light dose of test isn't going to bloat you, and test does not increase fat.....rather, it is a fat burning, body comp changer extrordinaire. You should run at least 250mg per week test with that eq. Fat gain is due to poor dietary habits.

Hey, thanks for the responses, I appreicate it.

Ironmaster, I've actually been considering a low dose of test as well, though I'm never sure if it's on its merits alone or whether I'd dig the test-trip no matter what it did for me body comp-wise. If you really think it will provide "keepable" gains rather than just fast ones that are harder to maintain, I'll defer to your judgement.

Would this be adequate, in your opinion?
    250mg T
    400mg EQ

I'm also seriously weighing 250mg T, 200mg EQ and 200 mg Primo. Like I mentioned long term gains are all I'm interested in, and cutting rather than bulking (Bulking would have been way cool back when I was 20 and weighed 60lbs less at this height but don't need it now.)

I gotta get this decision resolved before I'm in the nursing home, I've been researching over a year now.

Thanks, guys.

I'd go ahead with the 600mg eq and at least 250mg test. Nothing beats test for lean mass gains. (not to mention that it will keep your libido working) Eq is great for that hard, vascular look, but will make you feel hungry all the time.
    I haven't used less than a gram a week of test in a long time, and I don't think I'm fat. It's more about what you eat and how you train, than what you inject.

What sort of test would you recommend? Or does it matter much at that dose?

I prefer cyp, but enanth or prop is fine also......basically, look for the best price on name brand test.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    John....remember if you do Prop that requires ED or EOD pokes....sometimes a bit much for a first timer. I like test e. I like the Test, EQ cycle you might add some winny as well. I am 49 and just completing a cycle like that along with GH. got big and strong, lean and hard.,,,Good luck

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'll go with the enanthate or cypionate .

It's cool to meet more people my (or maybe I should say our) age who are doing the same thing. Glad to hear it went well Rich8888. Was this your first cycle?

I'm planning on Anavar rather than Winstrol provided I'm sure it's the real thing.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    John,

Its been a while since I've stopped by to visit bro, but at 50 years old you can probably visit a Doc who specializes in Anti-aging! He can help with the test levels and most likely HGH! He can monitor your progress frequently and at your age its all very legal and upstanding. I would consider that as my first course of action if I were you. I can tell by your thread though that you've done your homework. So which ever way you go.....good Luck & Hit the Gym!

MJ

Hey Mighty Joe, thanks for replying. Seems like there are less people hanging around this forum than before.

Actually I have no complaints at all in the test levels dept. at least not yet. But I haven't had them checked in 20 years so I'm not sure what my numbers are.

By the way, if anyone's interested, here's the latest finesse on my mid-life gear-virgin cycle:

1-12 T En 300mg
    1/12 EQ 400mg
    10-15 Var 30mg/day
    15 Clomid, day one 300mg. 100mg rest of wk
    16 Clomid 50mg/day
    min. of 2 days HCG 500iu/day+Nolva 20mg as needed any time in cycle
    Liquidex as needed

Thread Information