jboy is offline New Member

Oral Steroid Or Sustanon?

I AM 40 AT 6'3" AND WEIGH 170.
    I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT FOR SEVERVAL YEARS AND CAN'T GET PAST THIS WEIGHT, MY FIRST YEAR I STARTED OUT AT ABOUT 150 POUNDS. I WAS THINKING ABOUT DOING A CYCLE AND WHAT I HAVE READ ON THE INTERNET THAT SUSTANON IS A THE SAFEST ONE TO START WITH BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT DOING INJECTIONS SO WHAT WOULD BE THE SAFEST ORAL TO TAKE FOR BULKING? I ALSO DON'T HAVE ALOT OF FUNDS TO SPEND AND I KNOW IT CAN BE EXPENSIVE.
    ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANKS.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Im no expert, but most of the bro's on the board are probably gonna tell you to stay away from oral only cycles, and i would have to agree since they are potentially the most dangerous cycles to do since they are so liver toxic, But in all honesty im not sure how toxic they really are on the liver, but i love my liver and im not willing to risk going 12 weeks on some d-bol, but 4-6 weeks i will give it a try. I think that you will have better results (and be much happier in the end) with an injectable steroid , such as sust250 Or it's counter part Omanderon, (how ever it's spelled) at 500 mg week 1-12 and deca 400mg week 1-12 along with an oral, Say some d-bol at 35-40 mgs a day for 4-5 weeks. Again i am no expert.

This is the cycle im am gonna start as soon as i get my post cycle gear.

Some say that if your a new b to gear that you don't need the 500mg a week dose of sust, but can do just as good with 250mgs wk, same with the Deca you can probabley get by on doing only 200 wk. The higher the dose the greater your chances are that you will get the sides. Hope this is of some help to you.

Wait for the more experienced bro's to give you the real scoop on this matter for i have no actual experience, Just my opinion.
    pEACE out

Do a search for oral only cycles and see what you come up with.

Peace out for real this time

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Well jboy, plan a few weeks or month for doing some research. From the post it sounds like you are just starting to do some research--that’s smart. We were all there once: just beginning to learn about steroids . Knowledge is the best tool you can have in your toolkit when it comes to doing steroids. A good, broad knowledge base will help you learn the different kinds of drugs, their side effects, how to combine them together and that will help you craft a good stack for you.

Yes, Oral-only cycles are rarely a good idea for a beginner. It seems easy: take a pill, put on muscle, but the reality is that they are 1) very liver toxic and 2) notorious for gains that are hard to keep. Most oral-only cycles result on nothing more than temproary gains.

Sustanon is one of my least favorite steroids. Sustanon is a mix of four testosterone esters. (An ester is a chemical variation of a drug, such as testosterone and it effects the rate that the drug is released into the blood system.) Thus the four esters make it hard to keep stable blood levels of testosterone --which is a good thing, stable blood levels are what you want.

Injections: once you get over the initial reaction "What? Put a needle in me? That's insane!" it's really not all that bad. I am 40; I started steroids when I was 40. I am on my second cycle and injections have become as trivial to me as taking a vitamin pill. It VERY RARELY is painful. Just read up on proper injection technique and you will be just fine. Yes, it’s normal to be nervous about the first injection--but if you do your homework you will be just fine.

For anybody in the 40-year old or over bracket, I think that getting some form of testosterone in a cycle is a great thing. By 40 our natural testosterone levels have often dropped form the peaks of our youth and restoring them to previous levels (or higher for a short period) does wonderful things. Muscles grow, sex drive goes up, you just plain "feel better."

Test. Enathate and Cypionate are esters of testosterone that release slowly into the blood stream and are favorites (if not the mainstay) of most good steroid stacks. Look harder at them.

I hope that gives you some ideas to get started on your own research. I don't want to start suggesting a lot of things or give you a "pre-packaged" cycle. That would be counter-productive at this point. Based on your post, it seems that research is what you need most right now.

Again, I can't stress how important doing research is. It's your body and you should be very aware of what you are putting in it, why you are doing it, what effects (both positive and potential negative side effects) it has, and how to manage the side effects.

Good luck! Stick around and ask questions. The people here are great about helping.

BTW: please take off the caps-lock key when typing a post. All-cap posts are very hard to read.
    Last edited by RON; 06-05-2002 at 03:07 AM.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    jboy, I think there are a lot of better choices out there for you. Like Ajax suggested Put some time into research and I bet you'll find them.

Everyone else remember this board is not ment for pissing matches. If you are looking for that kind of board I can suggest plenty of them (please ask me). I deleted some of your post and if you have a problem PM me. You know who you are.

lowell34 is offline Junior Member
    jboy, as a 34 year old about to take the plunge I can relate. I'm not crazy about the injections but in the long run they are safer and more effective. I know the thing that helped me the most was the "Drug Profile" section of this site. I carefully reviewed each drug numerous times to get a better understanding of the effect vs. sides. I changed my mind on cycles several times and have finally ended up with a cycle of Sustanon , Deca , and Dianabol . This is the combination I BELIEVE will give ME the results I AM looking for.
    In short, carefully research each drug. Evaluate each drug against the side effects and the results YOU are looking for. Most importantly, have a clear understanding of what YOUR GOAL is. If your goal is to only tighten up and gain a few lean pounds, that cycle will look totally different than a cycle for bulking up.
    I spent about 8 weeks doing formal research before I made my choice.

AtomicWedgie is offline New Member
    New-B here also, been sand bagging the board here for a month reading the threads and also checking out the drug profiles on the main page, I found them to be most helpful.

I'm just days away from doing my first shot, some what excited, but have mixed feelings when I read about the possible side effects.

My first mission was to determine what my goal was. Due to my job I only want to add a few pounds of muscle to my frame, 35, 6,2, 190, 12%bf. I don't want to look like a Wrestler cause once someone suspects I'm juicing the whole place will know and I'm not sure if the boss can have them test me for AS rather then the other popular rec.drugs.

As for the injections, I used to self inject for allergies when I was younger, but I'll still have "buck-fever" the first few times.

I guess one thing I'd like to have is a roid buddy who is in the same boat as I'm in or maybe someone more expereinced who I can look up to as a mentor.

Anyway, I just like to add that I really enjoy reading the replies in this "over 30 forum" I get the feeling that there is a lot of sincere replies and answers given here, keep up the good work guys! To a new -B like me and the others you are our "Big Brothers".

Ahh, one last thing I posted a thread in the main section, but havn't got the answers I'm loooking for, I was thinking of posting it here to see if I'd get a different group of readers imput, maybe its the same guys who read the same threads in the same sections, not sure, but if you have some spare time can you check out the main section and give me some imput on my post?

Thanks in advance

Thread Information