drnasty is offline New Member

38 yr old, trying something new

Greetings guys. I have been researching steroid supplementation for some time now and I am nervously about ready to take the plunge. Here are my stats if you are interested:
    Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 195
    BF: 18%
    Current Workout: (Change routine every 3 mos)
    M - Chest and Tri's
    T - Cardio (A.M.) & Abs
    W - Back and Bi's
    R - Cardio (A.M.) & Abs
    F - Legs and Shoulders
    S - Cardio & Abs
    Su - Rest

I've been working out for about 5 years and have really seen gains go to the wayside. I have been simply maintaining my level of fitness but the waist line is starting to win the battle of the bulge.

My first cycle that I am considering is:
    Wk 1-4 100mg masteron 3x/w
    Wk 4-10 100mg masteron/100 mg test prop 3x/w

I eat about 200 grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a></a> per day. My questions are:
    1) Does this stack look okay for a novice in his late 30's?

Thanks in advance for your help.

DN

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    first of all - I think it would help if you read the rules - asking for sources openly means you are a cop, dont listen to rules or are eager to get scammed. Also, people are not going to give you a source untill they know you a bit.

Second - masteron is a fairy tale - it doesnt really exist anymore. You need to do a LOT more research in the anabolic forum - no, we will not do all the work for you but are happy to help you help yourself.

side note - you have been working out lately with that routine and are 5'11" 195lbs @18% bf ?????? - doesnt sound like you have worked out in quite awhile - might wwant to hit the diet and weights first and wait on the juice for a bit.

mark502 is offline New Member
    Hey Doc,

Listen to these guys, I did and it paid off...............mark

Thanks Cycleon -
    Unfortunately the rules weren't readily available to me when i sent my post. After getting the PM of the rules I will abide by them.

Regarding my workout routine, I do work out every week by the schedule I listed earlier ... but I hold a 60 hour week job and married with two great kids. Between soccer, baseball, scouting, family time the fact that I get up every morning at 5am and run/workout with my schedule is probably more than most people do.

Finally, I appreciate your knowledge and really feel that you have something good to offer but what I have noticed about your posts... is that people have to sift through your testosterone driven ego to get to the good stuff. Perhaps shelving some that b/s would be better for all or you can just simply not reply.

Have a nice day.

DN

Special "K" is offline New Member
    It'll be tough to ask questions if you get banned...you know he's a moderator, right? It's his job to enforce the rules.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Can you imagine what he will be like when he does start taking AS.... he's got a pretty bad temper already.

drnasty you need to calm down a bit and do a little research for yourself. Everyone is here to help but not if you act like that. Also, you're not the only one here with a career, family, etc.....

ohhh i could have been really nasty....

Listen, i'm not the one who fired off the insults to begin with, but if their leveled in my direction ...

From reading various resources (including this site) talks about cycles with masteron and its benefits. If it is no longer available then that's all that had to be said. A simple question was asked and that was really it, no solitation for insults,,, nothing.

Much like attacking a typo in my post rather than asking for clarification, my bf is 10% certainly not 18%. Good grief.

Finally, the opportunity for some intelligent questions were missed by 'the moderator'.....

Such as...
    What is your goal?
    Your current measurements?
    What type of supplements are you taking?

These are all very good questions that could have been asked to open the exchange but that was avoided in favor of the exchange initiated.

L8r

DN

Originally posted by drnasty
    ohhh i could have been really nasty....

Listen, i'm not the one who fired off the insults to begin with, but if their leveled in my direction ...

From reading various resources (including this site) talks about cycles with masteron and its benefits. If it is no longer available then that's all that had to be said. A simple question was asked and that was really it, no solitation for insults,,, nothing.

Much like attacking a typo in my post rather than asking for clarification, my bf is 10% certainly not 18%. Good grief.

Finally, the opportunity for some intelligent questions were missed by 'the moderator'.....

Such as...
    What is your goal?
    Your current measurements?
    What type of supplements are you taking?

These are all very good questions that could have been asked to open the exchange but that was avoided in favor of the exchange initiated.

L8r

DN
    You're right no one needs to be flamed for a typo but CYCLEON was only going on the information you gave him and he wasn't flamming you. You have to addmit that there's a BIG difference between someone with 10% bf and someone with 18%. So it looks like your in a lot better shape than was posted.

You added some good question in there so why don't you tell us what your goals are and so on.

I was looking at the original post and I have some questions.
    1. How long are your cardio sessions?
    2. What's your diet like?

If your goals are to just get leaner than AS might not be the answer. Maybe a change in your diet, more cardio......

Mud -

1. My cardio sessions last from 40 to 1 hr 15 minutes depending on the activity. If I'm hiking back country then its obviously longer and I'm carrying a 50# pack on my back.
    2. Myoplex for breakfast, Apple or cheese/crackers for mid-morn snack, two sandwiches, pickle and fruit for lunch, fruit or a handful of nuts for mid afternoon snack, sensible dinner before 7pm. I drink water all day long about 15 glasses. I indulge in the evening with a couple of glasses of sweet iced tea (we southerners can't live w/o our iced tea.)
    3. My goals are fairly straight forward up until about a year ago, my physique always looked good not massive but definitely noteworthy. Over the past year, my midsection has started to soften a lot even though my cardio and ab routines have gotten more intense, definitely starting to get "love handles" and my energy levels are low. I went to the doctor and my testosterone levels are down around 350, which is borderline for a man my age but he won't prescribe me some test. so here I am. My goal is to gain some additional lean mass, increased energy, and strip some fat around the mid-section (bf=6-8). I understand that low levels of test in men contribute to the symptoms I'm having and from my dd I know that test can help me lose the fat and gain the mass if I work, which I have been committed to for years.

DN

drnasty

1. Cardio.... You could be doing too much cardio and instead of burning fat you're eating away at your muscle. More muscle = higher metabolic rate. You should have your BMR tested to see what range you should be doing cardio at.

2. Diet...... You should take in at least 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. So you should take in around 400 grams or so a day. Carbs should come from wheat, oats, brown rice, yams, etc..... White breads, potatoes, stuff like that will spike your insulin levels up and that will NOT help your body burn fat. I bounce my carb levels around. From low (75 grams) to high (match my intake of protein). Sugar is a killer when trying to lean out so you might need to stop drinking those iced teas at night. Sorry man!
    Fats ARE GOOD! Not taking in enough fat could lead to lower test production. I supplement with CLA, you can use flax seed oil also but CLA is a more complete fatty acid.
    Lean red meat, some cold water fish(high in fat but good fats just don't eat it too many times per week), chicken, tuna, this is what should make up the bulk of your diet.

3. Weight Training...... You have to make sure you're not overtraining. I usually hit every muscle every 5 days. So if I did chest Monday I would hit it again on Saturday. Sets you don't want to go too crazy with either. Big muscle groups I do 10 to 16 sets. The smaller ones 9 to 12. This is where you need to figure out what will work best for you.

Like I said earlier AS may not be the answer at this time. You may just need to fine tune and change some of the things you're doing now. Then if that doesn't work consider AS. Also, you could try to use a fat burner like ECA. There are so many out there I know if you do a search on this site you will come up with ones that have been used by some of the guys here.

I hope some of this helps you out. Keep us updated!

Take Care.

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    it looks like you are training too much. If you workout 6 times per week,work 60 hours per week, and take part in a lot of family activities, that is too much. Tweak your workout some to get an extra day of rest.

cycleon is only trying to help you. There is a wealth of information you skipped if you did not even see the rules before posting. look over the site a little more.

There are people lurking all AS boards looking for posts like yours. they will offer advice and also "help" on getting you AS. Then you get ripped off and hold the site responsible when we have warnings all over.

be patient since you may easily change your cycle many times before deciding on one. I remember my first post was about how I was going to do parabolan (no longer in production).

Lewd

Thread Information