johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

50 -started T & EQ Cycle!

Hey bros,

This is where I made my first post over a year ago so I thought I'd post here. I've spent a huge amount of time since then researching here at AR and finally started my cycle a couple weeks ago. Everything has gone great other than the fact that the injections scare the bejesus out of me (you may have seen some of my nervous posts) but I think I'm getting used to it.

I just wanted to say THANKS bros BIG TIME for all the advice and assistance. AR's got a great bunch of people:smart, fun, considerate and helpful. I couldn't have done it without the help I've gotten here.

Since it's my first I'm going with 300mg T Enanthate and 400mg EQ, both QV. I'm still not sure if maybe I should go a little higher, especially since I weigh 230, but I usually go over a little anyway since I can never get the amount exact. At the same time I want to keep it kinda mellow since it's my first time.

If you all have any input I can always use it. Meanwhile THANKS AGAIN! You guys are the best!

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, cycle looks good thats what i have planned out for my first cycle. But i was thinking you need something to jumpstart the cycle?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I would bump the test up to 400 or 500mg. Other than that it looks good just make sure you have some anti-e's on hand and post recovery and you should be good.

How many weeks are you running the cycle?

Good Luck!

Hey, thanks bros for the feedback
    Well, I'm in my second week and hopefully it's gonna start to kick in any minute. I wasn't in a hurry to jumpstart things since it's my first time and I had no idea how I'd react. Plus I want to keep it mellow.

I'd like to toss in some Anavar in the last four weeks depending on how things go.I'm going a little higher than the 300/400 actually but like I said, I'd like to keep it mellow since it's my first time.

I'm planning on 12 weeks. I've got enough gear to go longer but 12 seems like plenty to me.

IronRhino is offline New Member
    Sounds good, good luck, keep us informed.

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    You should start to notice results in week 3-4.

Also DO NOT go over 12 weeks. You should stop at week 10 no matter what you have left over.

you do not need to go over 500mg on the test and 300mg of the EQ

get the diet in order. It's at least 50% diet in my opionion

hopefully you have all the post cycle products now.

Regards,
    Lewd

Thanks IR and thanks LT for the input.

I've read so many posts by people who've done EQ who say the only thing they regret is not going 12 weeks rather than 10 I thought I'd do that myself. Or should 10 be the max?

Yep, got everything I need and then some of ancillaries, including HCG just in case and enough Liquidex to float a boat (got a twofer) though I hope I don't need it at 300mg/wk of Test.

Yeah,diet is the one thing that really absorbs my attention now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I started I've upped my protein from 1gm/lb. bodyweight to 1.5gm/lb and I'm pushing for 2 once the hunger kicks in. I lost my appetite for carbs altogether after I upped the protein so I've cut way back on them for the time being.

I gotta admit the day after my first shot I was so jazzed I went in and had the best Chest/Shoulder workout of my 20+ years lifting -a great pump each set and went at it well over an hour. (Normally I won't go over 45 min at max so I don't overtrain.) Then I moved furniture the rest of the day, thinking "Wow, this stuff kicks in FAST!" Needless to say, next day I was a complete wreck. Everybody told me later it was way too soon for any effects from the shot.The placebo effect rocks!

Anyway, it's been two weeks and it feels like the stuff may finally be kicking in. I'm looking forward to my Arm/AB workout today.

We'll see how it goes.

Thanks again bros!
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 05-17-2003 at 11:02 AM.

you are doing test and EQ remember, so I would not worry about those comments. I would keep it at 10 since EQ will shut you down for 15 weeks if you go on a 12 week cycle. I have never done EQ over 10 weeks and still have been very pleased. i have even done it for 6 weeks only in a 10 week stack though it is not something I recommend for everyone.

do not count on getting EQ hunger. It is merely a side effect. Many people do not get it. I never have and I have done many different brands of EQ and even done EQ without the ester.

I can not comment on your diet since I have no idea what your stats are and more importantly, your goals. Let us know.

Lewd

Originally posted by johnsomebody
    Thanks IR and thanks LT for the input.

I've read so many posts by people who've done EQ who say the only thing they regret is not going 12 weeks rather than 10 I thought I'd do that myself. Or should 10 be the max?

Yeah,diet is the one thing that really absorbs my attention now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I started I've upped my <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> from 1gm/lb. bodyweight to 1.5gm/lb and I'm pushing for 2 once the hunger kicks in. I lost my appetite for carbs altogether after I upped the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> so I've cut way back on them for the time being.

Well, okay..
    Stats: 6'5" 230lbs 18%bf
    Lifted 20+ years
    Started at 170lbs 10%bf (weighed 155 five years before that)
    Goal: increase lbm as much as possible, with no gain or some decrease in bodyfat. I see this as a "cutting cycle" and the last 20 years as my "bulking cycle".
    Sound good?

increasing lbm is done by decreasing fat or increasing muscle mass. You are not using AS properly if you only choose to do one to increase lbm.

I was 185lbs and very lean at 6'2". I put on 40lbs of fat and balooned up to 228lbs.since then I have increased lbm. losing fat and putting on muscle. I can not get under 200lbs anymore since I have increased my muscle mass. but in that time I have also dropped a lot of fat. 1 year ago at 228 I looked like garbage. but now at 215 I look great beacuse of dropping fat while putting on muscle.

i have never seen the need to go over 300g of protien ever being 220lbs. I do not believe it is truly necessary to take in that much <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>.

I never went on a diet, but I knew I made horrible food choices by getting drunk 2 times per week and that is what got me fat. so I only have 2-4 drink tops if I am drinking and that happens only a few times per month.

i did a no carb diet which was a disaster in a way since I lost a ton of strength. I did lose some weight but it was not worth the strength loss. I do not go on calorie restricted diets for more than 2 weeks now.

This is the best I can do for diet advice. A diet should be "something you can live with" just like they say in the commercial. It's so easy to say to" cut out junk food, stop drinking, eat only fish and chicken without the skin and never fried,etc." I think it is best to see where you are getting the empty calories be it alcohol, late night snacks, soft drinks,etc and cut that out.

Originally posted by johnsomebody

Goal: increase lbm as much as possible, with no gain or some decrease in bodyfat.

230lbs and 18% BF is 188.6lbs lean mass

gain 20lbs muscle lose zero fat
    250lbs and 208.6lbs lbm yields 16.56% BF
    of course gaining a dramatic amount of muscle without any fat gain would also take some work.

gain 10lbs muscle and lose 10lbs BF
    230lbs and 198.6lbs lbm yields 13.66% BF

Now tell me which way is more effective in increasing lbm?

Thanks LT, I appreciate the input.

Of course, my dream for this cycle would be to gain 20lbs. muscle and loose 10lbs BF That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I'm going over my diet like a hawk right now and Iooking for input from anywhere I can. I've always thought it was pretty good but I'm glad I'm finding ways to improve it. I've had people tell me to go 2grams protein/lb. bodyweight while on a cycle but at least for now 1.5gram/lb. is plenty from what my body tells me and the sources I've been reading say. Plus I do a good amount of cardio and I'll be keeping that up as usual.

Any other input, I'm all ears!

Thread Information