optionsdude is offline Member

Knee replacement

So who has had one and which kind was it. Had my knee scoped and dr said medial meniscus was totally shredded and will need a replacement soon. I've talked to a few people with full replacements and heard good things except for range of motion. Would like some more input from others

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    no personal experience. I know this old codger (in his 80's) plays cards with my dad and said he should have had it done years ago. he was walking with a cane in 3 days, more or less pain free. the technology is getting very good.............

Thanks TR There are a lot of new partial replacements available now. Mako plasty is one of the ones the dr was looking at. I'm going in for my first round of synvisc shots once the scope heals up. And to make matters worse my shoulder has been waking me up pretty much every day. I thought things would back off while during my recovery not working.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you should look into TB500. not sure exactly what is wrong with your shoulder, but mine ached substantially a couple of years back from the gym. took the TB, and never had problems. pain went away permanently. same with the tendonitis.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    What they do is give you an arthroscopy and trim it back. Its not a full replacement so recovery is quick; recovery is about 2 weeks for walking movement in general.

Thanks TR I tried TB for tendonitis and did not work for me. Did the protocol recommended in your TB thread. Yetti I already had the scope procedure done the meniscus was shredded they had to remove it all. Now bone on bone with some arthritis and dr recommends partial or full replacement in the near future. Wants to try to squeeze out a year or 2 with synvisc injections. Had been using MSM (thanks TR) with some relief for a few years but kept locking up causing excruciating pain so I had the scope done. As for the shoulder I had my massage therapist dig in and she thought it was really jacked up. I had hopes of getting body in somewhat of a recovered semi-pain free state while recovering from the knee scope. So much for wishful thinking.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    At 52, I was told by my knee surgeon (4 knee repairs, so far) that I need one. At first I wanted it, then I didn't. But now, I'm not sure. Since my last operations (2003 & 2004, both knees), I hadn't done much leg workouts, especially squats and presses.

Been on the rooster juice for a couple of weeks. It doesn't seem to be helping much. My nagging shoulder isn't helping either. I meet with the knee replacement dr for a consultation next month.

Thread Information