Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black

Thread: New to this , general advice for an older guy

classiccalvin is offline New Member

New to this , general advice for an older guy

Hi all
    im 48 and in good shape for my age , been using gyms most of my life but feel im not getting the results for the effort im putting in , so i asked about and a friend recommended a 10 week cycle of Enantate 250 , he suggested the low dose for a few reasons . one being for me to get used to things both physically and mentally as im nervous about using for my first time .
    So ive been reading up on here and most of the information relates to younger guys , so here i am in the older lifter section , is 250 per week a waste of time for me , if so could i use every 5 days instead of every 7 ? , also due to it being my first cycle will the normal post therapy apply ,am i more or less likely to get any of the usual side effects ? .
    thanks in advance
    CALVIN

Anyone ?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    At your age you may well get some results from a dose that low but that would really depend on your current natural test levels and how good your nutrition is.

Recovery is likely to be more difficult at your age so a full pct should be followed as should HCG on cycle.

I'd suggest you get some baseline bloodwork done before you consider starting and see where your natural levels are at.

Can you also advise your

Height
    Weight
    Bodyfat %
    Typical days diet

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	155013
    classiccalvin likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for the reply ,
    Height 5.7"
    weight 80kg
    Bodyfat 17%
    on a high protein high fat low carb diet at he moment
    are their specific pct products for older guys or it it pretty much the same .

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    The same. I'd highly recommend you get some baseline levels before your cycle. If your natural test levels are high then 250mg per week may yield nothing.

Here is some reading for you

My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

ok , many thanks for your time .
    Cheers

dst_Rick is offline New Member
    Calvin,

I was about 46 when I did my first cycle, 52 now. Was always in good lean shape and athletic but by no means bulky and big. I wanted more mass, bigger arms and legs. I am 6'2" and always stayed around 180-185. I started a serious workout plan with weights and good dieting. I started the usual newby cycle of 250mg 2x week, 250iu 2x week and Arimidex .25mg EOD, then PCT with Nolva and Clomid. Pinning the first time I was a little cautious but after that it was routine. Had few side effects, like reduced size nads and night sweats a few nights but nothing major. Had good gains, but found most was water and didn't keep it all on which is somewhat normal. I gained about 14-16 lbs on cycle and actually kept about 5 lbs of good muscle gain. I felt great while on and absolutely loved being bigger... and had the libido of a two-peckered 18 yr old !

Second cycle I added a dbol boost at the beginning and Deca . Added HCG also because I wasn't overly happy about the boys shrinking some on the first cycle... they did come back post cycle then and the HCG sure fixed that. Would highly recommend it. Didn't like Deca due to learning what some call Deca-d*ck... after my cycle was finished, I went from having that crazy libido (lots of fun!) to not being able to get an erection for about 3 weeks... Swore off cycling if only I could just my junk to work again..Ha .. it came back. Probably doesn't do that for everyone, but I decided not to use that again.

I've also tried Clen .. DID NOT like that at all. Took one dose - minimum, and my heart rate jumped to 120-135 bpm for about 7 hours.. actually went home from work and just laid down on the bed, hoping it would wear off before I had a heart attack.. at the end of the day I felt like had ran a marathon that day.. dumped the rest in the toilet. Decided to just use better dieting for cutting from then on.

It's a very slow process to find out what works for you and what maybe doesn't work so well for you. That's why these guys that are so knowledgeable and almost always say to do a basic Test cycle first... to find out how you tolerate each component. Mixing or stacking the first time out is a bad idea.

I'm now starting another cycle and will be upping the dose to probably 600/wk cyp, HCG EOD, Equipose, Winstrol , and a normal PCT. No, I don't believe there are any special PCT's for us "older guys".

I'm sure no pro, but I am an older guy that has had very good success cycling... I can sure tell a difference on cycle.. I've said it to many of my buddies when the subject comes up.. Every guy over 45 should be on this stuff ! ... but you HAVE to do your homework!

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I will be 55 in July. I was always in great shape muscular and fairly lean. At 50 I discovered I had low T (total test 299) and started HRT. I am 5'10 and at the time was 226 and 26% Bodyfat (calipers). I started on 70mg test cyp every3.5 days, 250iu's HCG twice a week, and 12.5mg extemane. In 6 months I went from 226 and 26%BF to 189 and 12%BF. But I was eating supper clean, doing fasted High Intensity Interval Training at 5AM then going back to lift at 3PM. So my diet and exercise program were spot on for me and I was motivated. I set a goal to have a 6 pack by July that year and started a workout called "So you want abs" (google it it's on here), by July I was damn close.
    So that was almost 5 years ago. Now I am at 208 about 16% Bodyfat with way more lean mass. I did one blast where I took my test up to 200 a week and made minor gains. I learned how to control side effects from increased test specifically etrogen. Then last summer I did a cycle with 200mg test a week and 250mg tren ace a week.... WOW I got lean, bigger, and oh so hard. Libido off the chart, so was my anger level and my night sweats. After getting good labs and proper amount of time off, I tried 400 test and 400 deca durablin a week for 12 weeks. This ended Dec30th 2015, gains were mostly water weight, but the weights I was moving (strength) went way up. Post cycle I dropped from 218 back to were I am now at 208 maybe got two pounds of muscle. I didn't have hardly any sides from the deca, except now I seem to be low semen volume, have no problem getting and maintaining and erection or cuming, but one shoot about a 1/2 teaspoon or so. Just finished full labs and can't find anything wrong so far, still awaiting PSA, test free and total results.
    Everyone is different, but no matter what your diet and exercise program will dictate your gains. Yes all the shit we put in our bodies helps, but if I went home every night and sat on the couch and drank a six pack and continued the use of steroids ...I would be 326 in no time and all fat. You have to find what works for you. There are a few concerns for us older guys that I feel we need to watch, Blood pressure and PSA.

Thread Information