Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: pb's are harder to come by

Rozzyrat is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I guess I might as well add mine. 55 in July and did 315 for 7 flat bench last week. But the one I was the happiest with was 265 for 8 on military press. I have been working shoulders and back hard for the past 9 months trying to put some more size on them and it is paying off.
    That is really f#4ing impressive, particularly the press. I've seen plenty of people bench 315 for reps. I've never seen anybody strict pressing that kind of weight for reps.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    got 11 @ 315 today. cycle almost over, maybe 12 before i plateau?

12 @ 315, cycle over...

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    12 @ 315, cycle over...
    Beast!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnsedentary View Post
    I increased the incline to 245, the flies to 45, and the bench press to 295, but I am not getting as many reps. I will keep at it until I can get more repetitions.
    That was March.

Tonight, incline press, barbell, 265 for 8 !!! New record. About to turn 49.

Incline Press: 295 for 5 reps. Still growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozzyrat View Post
    That is really f#4ing impressive, particularly the press. I've seen plenty of people bench 315 for reps. I've never seen anybody strict pressing that kind of weight for reps.
    I got 315 for 5 on the flat bench the same day I posted the incline press (above), but that was after incline press and incline flies with 50 pound dumbbells to tire me out first. I am scared of hurting myself if I flat bench first, all fresh and strong and ready to go. In consideration of my age and shoulder pain, I do the other two exercises first to keep my flat bench weight lower. I also think the chest looks better if one concentrates on developing the upper pecs as a priority.
    bartman314 likes this.

as one grows older, one enjoys the success of others more - especially your sons.

to refresh, my son, now a jr in HS, started lifting with me after christmas. at the time he was about 150 lbs... now he's about 170 lbs and benched 225 today for a new srm pb. it's incredible to see him lifting big boy weights...
    bethdoth likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Nice job at passing along the "muscle-genetics"!

Congrats to you and your son.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I read this thread and was motivated. I felt Im in as good a shape as ever, some more injuries but squatting and deading Im good. So I was working my way up deading and decided monday I was going to go for a new pr. I was within 35lbs last time I pulled. I put on 5lbs over my pr and what an epic fail. I rarely dont get what I try to lift, I only got it 5-6 inch's off the floor. Sucked I put some thought into it and I believe its the gear, back when setting new pr's all the time I was running more gear. I think thats what gives you that little edge to go further. So I bumped up my trt, nothing crazy but Im going to set pr's at 41, fuk this, that felt like shit getting shut down.

Keep grinding guys !!
    I forgot I posted this here, I went to dead again, this time I took out my phone and used the calculator. I forgot the last time to add the bar in, so I actauly was trying for 50lbs above my pr. I wondered why I got stuck so bad. When I figured this out i felt dumb.....yet relieved at the same time

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

lol... getting older has mental consequences as well, it seems!

After my shoulder surgery last year I'm a little gun shy to PB on the bench right now. I did change my PB from max weight to timed sets. I can get 100 reps with 225# 21 minutes, 100 reps squat with 225# 19 min 30 sec, and 100 reps with 225# dead lift in 32 mins. Yeah, my dead lift kinda sucks. LOL My next goal is to go 100/100/100 in under 90 mins.
    bartman314 likes this.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    You cant beat father time! Sooner or later it catches up to us.Some sooner than later.We can only train with in our limits.

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member
    I just discovered the 40+ forum after 3 years of visiting this site. I just never scrolled down this far. I'm 39 yo and I'm really motivated by reading other members (not in their 20's) doing so well with the weights. I'm on trt and I've never done a cycle. My pb's are not that impressive so I won't even post them. I used to be very fit when I was in the Marine Corps back in the day, just not so very muscular. Just had a lot of endurance. I hurt my back and had to have back surgery and I just left the lifestyle and got really fat. Went from 170 lbs to about 240 in a few years. I'm only 5'8". Because of chronic opiate medication for my back my tt dropped to as low as the 100's, don't remember exactly, hence why I was put on trt. In 3 years I've gone from 240lbs to 185-190lbs, and I plan on doing my 1st cycle in February '17. Again, I just want to thank you guys for motivating me to keep working at it. I read about guys starting their 1st cycle in their 40's and it's really encouraging. Hope to post my pb's one day. Thanks guys!
    bartman314 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information