Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ryobi1
  • 1 Post By Proximal
  • 1 Post By Proximal

Thread: Over 40 T Cycle with Var??

rkaon2012 is offline New Member

Over 40 T Cycle with Var??

I'm just over 40, and in relatively good shape. 5'11" 185lbs about 10.5% BF I've been training off and on for the past 20+ years. My only medical issues are occasional asthma and my joints are really achy depending on what i'm doing with training. I noticed about 2 years ago it was nearly impossible to maintain strength, build muscle and stamina was at an all time low. I was a piece a SH!T. Additionally I was in a permanent brain fog with crap self esteem. I have since been on TRT for 18 months, originally overseen by a doctor until I realized was a financial scam it was. Then I started self administering. My TRT regimen was about 150mg a week with the doc, about 200-220mg when I do it. I started higher dosages about 8 weeks ago. Dosages vary because I pin every other day, to prevent the hormone roller coaster. I'm also on .25 of AI ED. About 5 weeks ago I started dosing at 100 mg EOD which is effectively about 300-400mg a week on average. I have seen tremendous results while on just test alone, as one would surely expect. Mostly got really lean and had some strength gains. I actually lost about 15Lbs in weight. I was considering adding Var to the cycle for the remaining 5 weeks at 40-50mg a day (still trying to determine dosage). I already have the Var but not married to the idea of using it.

I have also tried Ostarine earlier this year, had zero gains, changes or side effects. I've dabbled with peptide and did see some changes in sleep patterned which in my book is all positive with regards to recovery.

I know that I will be on TRT for life so, concerns about PCT are small. But then again I dont know, what I dont know. I'm a noob with this stuff.

My girlfriend has recently raised some concerns with Kimbo recently in the news. So my question is how safe are these dosages for someone at my age. I know everyone responds differently. I also realize that the UG Var I have could very well be some variant of Winny in disguise since my tablets are unmarked and not in a blister pack. I know my body responds great to test, but i'm bit worried about the orals since they are new to me.

Looking for advice, is the water safe to swim in?

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    I am on trt at 100 mg a week along with 250 iu hcg day before test pin,
    i have mixed in var twice while on trt, 4 weeks each time and am going
    to run another cycle of 6 weeks soon...I am not an expert but it has increased
    my strength more so than just test alone at my dosages...i take 20 mg of var
    morning and evening for a total of 40 a day, I tend take things on the low side,
    and found it was sufficient, you might like to do more, 40-50 mg is a good starting point.
    Liver damage is a concern so any type of support you might like to add will be
    bennificial, I take tmg 1000mg morning and eve..Nac 600 mg morn and eve,
    milk thistle can be added as well...
    you are already doing an AI, so estrogen elevation would not be a concern,
    so I would think you are good to go with a 5 week cycle,
    there is always concern when someone dies, (Kimbo) as to the use of any
    enhancement product, but what he was using and his sources are more of
    a concern, as well as pain killers, pharma drugs, all could have contributed.
    support your cardio system as well..flax oil, fish oil etc...
    good luck with your training
    rkaon2012 likes this.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Regarding Kimbo, if I were a betting man, I would wager that his cardiovascular issues came primarily from traditional causes and less from AAS:

* Excess body weight
    * I'd wager he was hypertensive and had high LDL levels
    * African Americans statistically have higher percentages of hypertension and cardiovascular issues
    * Its probable that he had pre-existing knowledge of his issues and did not address them as needed

Then throw AAS (how responsible was he with his usage?) in the mix.
    rkaon2012 likes this.

Thanks for all the info, i'm in the process of mapping out my second cycle and this time i'm putting more planning into it. I've been on cruise for about 4 weeks, and the emotional rollercoaster absolutely sucks. My cruise is presently at 150mg of Test Cyp/prop per week. I plan to be on TRT for life, but didn't think cruising on 150mg a week would be so demotivating.

* Again 40 years old, 183lbs, body fat is 11.4% (tested and verified).
    * Donating blood later this week to bring down Hematocrit. I typically run at 49-50% when on a high dose of TRT. I basically made a habit of doing so every 45 days.
    * Getting blood tests done in 2 weeks to verify TRT levels are in range. In addition ensure LDL is also in range. Blood pressure is on point.
    * For liver protection I have been using NAC 600mg daily and was investigating TMG or perhaps a defined stack like Liver Protect.
    * I'm anticipating an 8 week cycle and pinning 125mg of Test Cyp/Prop EOD, along with 1/4mg of anastrozole.
    * HCG will be administered at 250mcg EOD
    * Not sure about the Var just yet, perhaps the last 4 weeks at 40mg a day???

I dont drink, well maybe 10 beers a year if that. I can literally count every occasion on hand.

Thanks for all the info, i'm in the process of mapping out my second cycle and this time i'm putting more planning into it. I've been on cruise for about 4 weeks, and the emotional rollercoaster absolutely sucks. My cruise is presently at 150mg of Test Cyp/prop per week. I plan to be on TRT for life, but didn't think cruising on 150mg a week would be so demotivating.

* Donating blood later this week to bring down Hematocrit. I typically run at 49-50% when on a high dose of TRT. I basically made a habit of doing so every 45 days.
    * Getting blood tests done in 2 weeks to verify TRT levels are in range. In addition ensure LDL is also in range. Blood pressure is on point.
    * For liver protection I have been using NAC 600mg daily and was investigating TMG or perhaps a defined stack like Liver Protect.
    * I'm anticipating an 8 week cycle and pinning 125mg of Test Cyp/Prop EOD, along with 1/4mg of anastrozole.

I dont drink, well maybe 10 beers a year if that. I can literally count every occasion I had a drink on one hand.
    Last edited by rkaon2012; 07-08-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Proximal is offline Banned
    good luck!
    rkaon2012 likes this.

Paul_S is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkaon2012 View Post

I dont drink, well maybe 10 beers a year if that. I can literally count every occasion I had a drink on one hand.
    No one ever pins Test Cyp or E, every other day. Its a long ester, which once a week (every 7 or 10 days) is it.

Sustanon on the other hand,you can pin twice a week.

Am surprised no one corrected you.

Thread Information