Thread: Blood sugar 42!

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Blood sugar 42!

For about the last ten years or so, I've had low blood sugar issues (I'm 44). I never knew what was going on till I got a blood sugar meter a couple years ago. Sometimes after I eat my sugar will drop, causing me to feel terrible. I finally diagnosed myself with hypoglycemia, it's the only thing that makes sense. While cheating on my diet today, my sugar dropped to 42. Doctor told me one time that I'm close to going into a coma when it gets that low, I believe it, that is one terrible feeling. Anyone else have the problem?

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    For about the last ten years or so, I've had low blood sugar issues (I'm 44). I never knew what was going on till I got a blood sugar meter a couple years ago. Sometimes after I eat my sugar will drop, causing me to feel terrible. I finally diagnosed myself with hypoglycemia, it's the only thing that makes sense. While cheating on my diet today, my sugar dropped to 42. Doctor told me one time that I'm close to going into a coma when it gets that low, I believe it, that is one terrible feeling. Anyone else have the problem?
    Yes sir. If I don't eat for 5-6 hours and I'm expending a lot of energy, my glucose will drop. I keep a glucometer handy and have seen my levels in the 50-ish mg/dL range. It happens more frequently if anything other than TRT is involved (for some reason tren exacerbates it).
    Also, I have to be very diligent about getting in a good amount of protein post lift and some low GI carbohydrates within a few hours after a heavy lift. Generally, I have 50g of plain shredded wheat and it seems to treat me well.

Edit: I'm not diabetic. My fasting glucose and A1C have always been at very good levels.
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-04-2017 at 02:51 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Interesting bout the tren . I'm on a tren cycle now, but I've been strict on my diet, so that's probably why I haven't had any issues, except when I cheat. Low carb/cal diet seems to control it very well

Thread Information