Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By -Ender-

Thread: Receptor Rest ???

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Receptor Rest ???

Hey Buds,

Hope everyone is well...i've been away for awhile.

• My question today is about 'Receptor Rest'

I've been cruising HRT for years now...and just recently took a break (been about 6wks now).

Why: Because my test levels came up too high and my Dr. said to give a rest (personally i think the test results were incorrect).

ANYWAY, while i'm on break, are their any supplements or AAS i can take to 'renew my androgen receptor(s)?'

Anyone know of this subject?

Thanks very much ~

I personally don't believe in ARs needing rest.

No science to back it up... just bro science.

Your ARs get used all day every day.
    If they got burnt out then we would all suffer from low T.

Taking supraphysiological doses of gear actually causes your body to create more ARs.
    tcw and almostgone like this.

tcw
    I have read this too...but don't you have to do A LOT of juice to create new receptors ???

thanks

I am unsure how much juice it takes to create more receptors.

My point was more that receptors don't get burnt out.

Again... just my opinion.

I think people think receptors get burnt out because they take say 500mg of test and 50 dbol and put on 15lbs in 8 weeks and then plateau.
    They then think that their receptors must be fried.
    My thoughts is that it isn't that their receptors are fried.
    It's that 500mg of test and 50 dbol isn't going to put on 15lbs every 8 weeks. 500mg of test and 50dbol is only good for 15lbs total.
    If 500mg of test and 50 dbol put on 15lbs every 8 weeks then the pros would only need 500 test and 50 dbol. Alas, they take far more gear than that.

(This is an extreme over simplification...)
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 04-12-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I am unsure how much juice it takes to create more receptors.

My point was more that receptors don't get burnt out.

Again... just my opinion.

I think people think receptors get burnt out because they take say 500mg of test and 50 dbol and put on 15lbs in 8 weeks and then plateau.
    They then think that their receptors must be fried.
    My thoughts is that it isn't that their receptors are fried.
    It's that 500mg of test and 50 dbol isn't going to put on 15lbs every 8 weeks. 500mg of test and 50dbol is only good for 15lbs total.
    If 500mg of test and 50 dbol put on 15lbs every 8 weeks then the pros would only need 500 test and 50 dbol. Alas, they take far more gear than that.

(This is an extreme over simplification...)
    That actually makes alot of sense though.

500mg of test for example has a finite amount of potential in any given person. At any one time. AR reception having nothing to do with the plateau that person experiences but rather that's just all that amount of gear can do for that particular person.

Makes sense.

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    I agree.
    Receptors don't get burned out. More testosterone stimulates more receptors to a point, but it doesn't create more receptors.
    Instead: The body has other homeostatic mechanisms that prevent never ending growth.

I do not agree with the OP's Doctor. The doc is just using the "rest" as a way to lower Test levels before resuming treatment. This causes a major disturbance in the endocrine system. IMO the Doc should have simply lowered the dosage gradually until the desired level was achieved.

If the OP felt fine and everything else was in line with regard to blood work: I would have suggested a retest of T levels.
    What is too high anyway? lol totally specific to the individual.

my .02
    Hughinn likes this.

tcw
    Test levels based on QUEST bloodwork was '1480' (about 80% higher than its supposed to be)

BUT, ME thinks the results were in error. Getting re-tested this week.
    Last edited by tcw; 04-16-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Hoss34 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Hey Buds,

Hope everyone is well...i've been away for awhile.

• My question today is about 'Receptor Rest'

I've been cruising HRT for years now...and just recently took a break (been about 6wks now).

Why: Because my test levels came up too high and my Dr. said to give a rest (personally i think the test results were incorrect).

ANYWAY, while i'm on break, are their any supplements or AAS i can take to 'renew my androgen receptor(s)?'

Anyone know of this subject?

Thanks very much ~

What were your test levels before and what were they during this recent draw?

What did your SHBG come in at?

IMO it's a good idea to take a break. You'll give your liver a chance to recoup. If you want to raise your receptor sensitivity and/or levels then there are a number of ways to do it, just search the internet. I'd stay on top of your Vitamin D and resistance training, those alone along with raised test levels will keep your receptors where they need to be.

Also if that's all you doctor said about your blood work, then I'd find another one!
    Last edited by Hoss34; 04-24-2021 at 02:07 PM.

tcw
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss34 View Post
    What were your test levels before and what were they during this recent draw?

What did your SHBG come in at?

IMO it's a good idea to take a break. You'll give your liver a chance to recoup. If you want to raise your receptor sensitivity and/or levels then there are a number of ways to do it, just search the internet. I'd stay on top of your Vitamin D and resistance training, those alone along with raised test levels will keep your receptors where they need to be.

Also if that's all you doctor said about your blood work, then I'd find another one!
    Thanks man

Where did you read that Vit D helps Androgen Receptors?---From what i understand is Muscle Receptors are not evenly distributed.... hence why some body parts are better than others...

Yeah...finding a New Dr. who writes...is not easy. I put up a post on this....(sigh)

Prior to last Results, My Free and Total Test levels were at the top end of my range. I THINK the levels came back high because i did blood work 2 days after my last shot.

Last edited by tcw; 04-25-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Hoss34 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Thanks man

Where did you read that Vit D helps Androgen Receptors?---From what i understand is Muscle Receptors are not evenly distributed.... hence why some body parts are better than others...

Yeah...finding a New Dr. who writes...is not easy. I put up a post on this....(sigh)

Prior to last Results, My Free and Total Test levels were at the top end of my range. I THINK the levels came back high because i did blood work 2 days after my last shot.

I misspoke. I did find an article a while back and I do remember it stated further tests need to be done as the studies main goal was not related to Vitamin D intake with increase androgen receptors. Now you can take your SHBG and total testosterone levels and see how much in a percentage is actually being used. This is why I mentioned Vitamin D because it supports your SHBG, and this was based on not having your exact numbers. Use this calculator if you want and you may or may not find your body using enough testosterone to carry to your tissue.

https://www.siemens-healthineers.com...mass_calc.html

Thread Information