Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Cylon357

Thread: Testosterone TRT Level Pros and Cons

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member

Testosterone TRT Level Pros and Cons

Have left Testosterone E as my primary TRT source of Testosterone. No matter how I dosed it the hills were too high and the valleys were too low. Valleys too low were the worst due to wet bowls being the flavor of the day. Pain in the ass in the gym.

Now am pinning Nebido for my primary testosterone and the valleys are gone. The only issue is the peak is a constant peak and I have to build up (even with a preload) to where I need to be. That is the question. If you have the opportunity to set your exact level of testosterone where would it be? Let's use ng/dl

The company and Dr use the Nebido recomendation one size fits all. Pinning every 12 weeks and resulting at around 300 ng/dl is their answer to everything. I know everyone will have their own personal "sweet" spot. What factor do you find as the most important to you to feel "good". I take the third shot this week and should put me at around 200-250 average on the bloodwork after the immediate spike.

I NEVER felt good about Test E unless the peak was in the 1200-1400 range which is high out of range about 10-15%. My reason it felt good is my legs are super fit. If they do not have the andro effect (nitrogen balance) they ache 24/7 like they are stiff and blood flow is lacking.

Comments? Experience?

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    1000 ng/dl should be a good spot imo.If i could pick where my test levels would be i would choose 1000

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    We know it is more complicated than just total T, but I can see using it as the driver for the rest of the numbers.

I imagine that the cream I'm using with hcg is going to have me around 800 total, upper end of free T, probably close to top of dht and my e isn't out of whack. I feel good, not like Superman, but still good. This would qualify as my new base going forward, I have to wait till after bloodwork in a month or so to start adding things of interest.

Presently using test cream, 1 click twice a day, 300iu hcg MWF, 1 iu HGH MWF, 12.5 proviron 1 to 2x daily. Nothing there that should mess up bloods, though I may drop the proviron 2 weeks out.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What was your regiment with Test E?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    twice a week IM injections totaling 200 mg.

The item it did not handle well was a back issue. When on cycle zero back issue. When on TRT it became an issue. Went to the spine doctor and he said it was issue needed fusing yada yada. I vetoed that and just decided to keep my test high. The long ester shot seems to make whatever causes the issue to go away...go away.

My high end level has to be based on my sleep apnea. There is a sweet spot in all of this I hope to get to.

200 a week sounds a little high to me in most cases but not excessively. Its high enough you probably needed an anti E though and it might have been a excess of Estrogen causing problems.

Lack of sleep sucks, Ive been dealing with it for 20 years but mostly due to working graveyard 3-4 days a week then switching back on my days off. Tried the whole sleep study things but no way in hell I could sue the damn machine, just made it worse and wasnt willing to live like that.

Painjunky is offline Junior Member
    My optimal would be around 1000 too.
    35mg every 3 days puts me around 750 total 170 free. I’d prefer to be around 950 but it causes dht to cross the threshold as well as hemo’s
    Currently not on hcg but that usually adds around 300ish @400iu 2xweek.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    twice a week IM injections totaling 200 mg.

The item it did not handle well was a back issue. When on cycle zero back issue. When on TRT it became an issue. Went to the spine doctor and he said it was issue needed fusing yada yada. I vetoed that and just decided to keep my test high. The long ester shot seems to make whatever causes the issue to go away...go away.

My high end level has to be based on my sleep apnea. There is a sweet spot in all of this I hope to get to.
    Does your doctor let you do your own injections or do you have to go in to have them done? Ive never tried Nebido but it sounds interesting. I am terrible and remember to do my Test E 2x a week like I should.

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    I think 750-800 is about as high as you should go long term. Any more than that and I start having other levels get outta range. Unless of course your on an anti E

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    We know it is more complicated than just total T, but I can see using it as the driver for the rest of the numbers.

I imagine that the cream I'm using with hcg is going to have me around 800 total, upper end of free T, probably close to top of dht and my e isn't out of whack. I feel good, not like Superman, but still good. This would qualify as my new base going forward, I have to wait till after bloodwork in a month or so to start adding things of interest.

Presently using test cream, 1 click twice a day, 300iu hcg MWF, 1 iu HGH MWF, 12.5 proviron 1 to 2x daily. Nothing there that should mess up bloods, though I may drop the proviron 2 weeks out.
    FYI and as both a slght aside and a follow up, I was pretty close on total t and estrogen, free t was a little higher than I guessed, and dht was WAY higher than I thought. I really don't notice the difference in dht in the day to day, but know it has to come down because it isn't healthy long term.
    lovbyts likes this.

Thread Information