enzo is offline New Member

Talking mike mentzer and h.i.t.

hello all i am currently trying the mentzer h.i.t. method of training using one warm up set and then working set to failure so i train every 4-5 days the results seem average yet the logic seems ok. i am wondering if there is any feedback on this method of training. cheers enzo.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    There are probably only a few ppl actually using the exact hit program, its a great training method, but you'll find that if you just tweak it a bit, you can make it even more powerful. Here's a pretty good example of a hit based split.

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ht=stir+things

btw, glad to see someone get away from that terrible western split, i'm glad to see you keep an open mind and are willing to try new stuff unlike most

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i tried hit, but it wasn't for me, i didn't like having to wait so long to go the gym, i use doggcrapp's method now, it uses the one set to failure principle, but increases the number of workouts, and it's been a lot more effective for me than hit

enzo is offline New Member

cheers

thanks guys any advise is well appreciated enzo

cdog is offline Associate Member
    I dont like HIT I feel that you cant stimulate growth enough in one set to not work that muscle group again for 9-12 days ...Remember That Big man Mike Mentzer got big because of the standerd routine splits not because of HIT ... In Mikes earlyer years he trained his whole body three times a week working chest back shoulders ect,ect three times in the same week .It was only after he had gotten to a point of not growing much or as much as he had several years prior that he figured out that he needed more time to recover ..Now this makes sense to me .I mean if you where as strong as Mentzer got wouldent you need more time to recover??The answer is yes you would however what about normal guys like you and me that are not as strong as Mentzer was ??Being that you dont have the strength he had would it not make sense that you would need to work the muscle more than just once every 9-12 days ??
    Mike has said it himself that he got big by working his whole body three times a week .. Again many ways to lift for sure and try them all but I really feel that unless you are really strong that you must work the muscle way more than just once every 9-12 days as Mentzer had said ...Good luck CDOG

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    good point, cdog!

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Isn't Mentzer Dead?

MJ

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Actually both Mentzers are dead...
    As far as H.I.T. goes I when on try to follow the Dorian Yates version. If you see his video or goto his website and look at his website where he has it posted. YOu don't do 1 w/up and then 1 max to failure. It's 4 w/ups gradual increase in weight then your last set is the working set. Principals are similar and it's a great workout, based off of controlled movements with the weight. Don't throw it around, control the weight down then up flexing the muscle at the peak. I like it better than the basic Mentzer and I've read just abit about Arthur Jones who basically started the whole idea. Try dorians and you'll feel it.

SID

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Ripsid,

I'm a huge Dorian fan! I'll check out the video bro!

Thnx, MJ

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Dorian is just bad bro! I think he would be the guy to give Ronnie a good fight for the O. Just awesome, and I've watched both videos after watching ronnie with his form and then Dorian and his...dorian hands down does it better. BUT! AND I MEAN BUT! Big Ron is f*King freak of nature!!!!! Wow!

I think Dorian is just awesome! Simply awesome!

SID

Thread Information