Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

My overweight father...

Hey my father is 38 years old 227 at 5'8 and is severely over weight. He doesn’t really care for his health but I would hate to see his life cut short due to a heart attack or some sort of cardiovascular failure. I tried to explain to him what harm he’s doing to him self and even got him a gym membership to attend with me, yet he said it would be a waste of time. My question is this, what’s would be a proper diet for him to lose weight may it be muscle and fat. He can’t really do Atkins or keto because he has high cholesterol. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I did atkins like 5 years ago.... it lowered my chol.. to 250 from 325....

currently i am at 210 doing the chicken x 6 little rice, and broc and protein shakes........

it will work for him...

My step dad had to go the extreme way... stapled stomach...........

worked for him............

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    Hey my father is 38 years old 227 at 5'8 and is severely over weight. He doesn’t really care for his health but I would hate to see his life cut short due to a heart attack or some sort of cardiovascular failure. I tried to explain to him what harm he’s doing to him self and even got him a gym membership to attend with me, yet he said it would be a waste of time. My question is this, what’s would be a proper diet for him to lose weight may it be muscle and fat. He can’t really do Atkins or keto because he has high cholesterol. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    thenx spy.. i'll tell him to try it see how it works out

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Atkins or Metabolic Diet - lower cholesterol - drop weight - I like metabolic better - here'a link Bro www.metabolicdiet.com - hope it helps

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Elliot,

Your Dad's weight is a bit high for his height, but what he has going for him is his age! At 38 he has plenty of time to get it right. You know sometimes the student becomes the teacher! If ya want to motivate him to get into the gym, then just keep hitting the gym yourself and lead by example with a kiiler bod! It works everytime!

Good Luck, MJ

get him started walking, 1/2hr every day and then try to work him into the weights.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Deffinately introduce him to Mr. Cardio to start! Then ease him into the diet, I would suggest getting him to doc also for a physical if possible and see what the doc says. 38 is not a bad age at all! You should really pep him up with some sort of motivation and hell really open up about how you worry about him. Good Luck bro

SID

Thread Information