Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member

Blood Pressure and Other Health Concerns

Hey M Fellow Older Bros (and Younger),

I have High Blood Pressure which is medicated and under control. I am about to order my first cycle. I was considering a cycle of just Primobolan and maybe Winny because of the water retention and blood pressure issue. I am a pretty big dude anyway. Naturally, I can bench 420 and squat 500. I would like to add about a hundred lbs to these numbers and get rid of some fat. I am definately kinda fat as I weigh about 350.
    1. Will primo and possibly winny give me what I need in terms of size and strengh one a first cycle considering that they are gentle?
    2. would it be possible for me to take a testosterone (i.e sustanon ) and keep my blood pressure under control?

Thanks Bros,

Chris

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I think most people would recommend lowering your bodyfat to normal before you start a cycle, especially with high BP. Once you get the bodyfat down naturally your BP may be within the normal range and you'll be good to go on an cycle.

I sure wouldn't do gear myself in your situation or recommend it. It not only can raise your BP but it can elevate your resting pulse and it seems to me if your CV system is already stressed from overweight you won't be doing it any favors and could possibly do some damage. I wouldn't want to risk it.

Chris Columbus is offline Junior Member
    I see your point but my bp is normal when I am medicated and actually very low when I am exercising and medicated. Moreover, the bp med I take lowers my heart rate. finally, primobolan depot is supposed to not cause water retention as it does not aromitize.
    my questions I guess are:
    1. Is primobolan all it is cracked up to be in the side effects department (as in having low side effects)?
    2. As a first-time juicer can something like pimobolan give me some big gains in size?

Yea I am working on the dieting thing even with dieting 300 is the min for me withought problems. yea my main motivation for all this is to get to a decent body fat level. I figure juicing will increase mass which increases metabolism. plus I can work out harder burning more calories.
    Last edited by Chris Columbus; 04-03-2004 at 09:08 PM. Reason: wrong word meant metabolism not muscle.

Kevan is offline Associate Member
    i strongly agree... try to lower you bf first, juice will send your bp even higher.. mine reaches 170/110 sometimes scares the hell out of me

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    I gotta agree here, too. My BP has really spiked with the test. You're already putting medicine into your body and then you will stress it further. As I understand it, lifting a heavy weight creates a spike in your blood pressure anyway.

Best option is to talk to your doctor. Or you could take a small quantity of a short lasting AS (like dianabol or winstrol or anavar ) and measure your blood pressure.

You already lift a small Volkswagen -- I'm sure AS would help you lift a lot more, but you don't want to pass out or worse on the rack.

There is also a guy called Doc on the main board who gives good medical advice. Post on the main board -- I'm sure they'll be impressed with your bench.

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    I posted this on the main board but I noticed after ending my cycle that my BP had dropped from around 150-160/90 to 120/90 yesterday. Best to get a benchmark before starting and then measure yourself a couple times a week (don't freak out if things move up and down).

Also, I had my doctor do a measurement of my hearts and arteries elasticity to see whether that was causing BP increase. They were fine so it was saying the high BP was not resulting from clogged tubes, so to speak.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I think you may be able to use primobolan /winny to aid in your goals. It sounds like you don't need to gain alot of mass, yet you do want to shed some b/f and possibly add some lbm. If you were to use any AAS primobolan is very mild as side effects are concerned. You shouldn't have to worry too much about BP when using primo or winny. I think since you are controlled, you could safely use these compounds, but of course always monitor your BP so you know for sure. I wouldn't however, expect to notice dramatic increases in muscle mass with these AAS. They should compliment your goals nicely. It will be easier for you to shed the body fat while maintaining your muscle, and you may even add a few lbs of quality muscle in the process. Muscle density should also improve if you get b/f down respectfully. But always pay attention to your body. Some people will develop HTN while using even mild AAS. Others will not. Ultimately it is your decision, but you are doing the right thing by learning/inquiring about which AAS to use so as to not aggravate your situation. I think that just adding weight period (whether it be lbm, water, or fat) will put undue stress on the cardio vascular system. But by putting the weight on slowly, and giving your body a chance to adjust to it will always help.
    If your BP does increase while on, then consider appropriate lifestyle modifications, or even upping/adding another BP med. You will be fine, as long as you listen to your body. The AAS you have chosen are definately appropriate. Enjoy, and let us know how it goes! IC
    Last edited by ichabodcrane; 04-14-2004 at 12:23 PM.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I also wanted to add that even though primo and winny do not convert to estrogen (this is a big culprit in elevating BP due to water/electrolyte/fat retention) the androgenic properties may be enough to aggravate HTN (CNS stimulation etc.). I think some people are affected more than others, but just be aware that even though you are not retaining water/fat from these AAS, you could still notice a slight rise in BP. I wouldn't expect it to be very dramatic though. Another thing to note is the alteration in cholesterol levels. I don't know if you are planning on using the oral winny or the injectible, but both can alter cholesterol levels for the worse. Oral winny probably being more of an offender than the injectible.

Thread Information