toc67guru is offline Associate Member

arimidex during pct??

could arimidex theoretically be used on its own post cycle for hpta recovery?i have read that arimidex can cause an elevation in endogenous testosterone by preventing negative feedback of estrogen.

as a serm is used (clomid or nolvodex) to increase test production post cycle by preventing negative feedback of estrogen at the hypathalmus thus an increase in natural test.theoretically could arimidex be used post cycle in place of a serm if non-aromatising aas were used in a cycle for hpta recovery.the fact that by preventing what natural test you are producing post cycle from aromatising it would keep estrogen levels very low fooling the body into releasing more leutinising hormone for the testes to produce more testosterone.would this be possible or should a serm always be taken post cycle assuming hcg was used to keep testes up in size & responsive to leutinising hormone combined with low dosage arimidex to prevent estrogen production from hcg assuming it was used post cycle at 500iu for 10 days?

if this is possible at what dosage would arimidex be taken and how often as it has a long half-life,as i have read keeping estrogen too low is not only unhealthy but it will also suppress sex drive?
    why i say this is most fellas i know who use aas use their sexdrive as an indication they are recovering their hpta following pct.
    i would very much welcome opinions especially einstein's.

To get sufficient inhibition of negative estrogen feedback at the hypothalamus using just an AI like arimidex , you'd need to almost entirely suppress estrogen conversion/production in the body. Doing so, would have far greater adverse effects than benefits. The reason Adex is added to pct is to limit but not prevent estrogen, which allows the SERMs, clomid and nolva, to more efficiently do their jobs. Pheedno's pct is absolutely ideal. I wouldn't change a thing, with the exception of adding in some HCG during the latter stages of a longer cycle.

i apologise for putting this in the wrong forum!!!

einstein i was not expecting such a speedy reply.while you are on what dosage would you recommend of arimidex post cycle & frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    einstein i was not expecting such a speedy reply.while you are on what dosage would you recommend of arimidex post cycle & frequency?
    0.25mg/day throughout the entire cycle including pct

do you agree with pheedno that nolvodex & clomid need to be combined post cycle.do you feel clomid alone is superior to nolva on its own for hpta recovery.i have read it is pointless to use both & that nolva is better than clomid & causes less sides.

Quote Originally Posted by toc67guru
    do you agree with pheedno that nolvodex & clomid need to be combined post cycle.do you feel clomid alone is superior to nolva on its own for hpta recovery.i have read it is pointless to use both & that nolva is better than clomid & causes less sides.
    Yes, I know you've read nolva is better....I remember what board you read that on too Clomid is superior to nolva, with the doses and durations that are practical for our applications, in restoring HPTA. The studies that show nolva to be even slightly "better", and there aren't many, are studies where nolva administration occured over very long, impractical durations. Just because clomid is more efficient, doesn't mean using both won't have a slightly additive effect, not to mention nolva will still have its estrogen antagonistic effect at the breast and still also contribute to positive estrogenic effects via being an ER agonist in the bobe and liver, thus helping improve lipid profiles.

thankyou for your reply.especially when i posted it in the wrong forum.what dosage of clomid would you recommend as ive read 100mg for 10 days & 50mg for 20 days.i have also read 300mg on day one followed by 50 mg for 3 weeks?
    i should be paying you for all this advice!!!!!

There really isn't much difference with frontloading with higher doses the first couple days than sticking with a consistent dose of 100mg/day. Ultimately though, the dose and duration will be dependent on the length of your cycle, the compounds used (e.g. tren and deca will require more), as well as your age.

Thread Information