Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

How do i incorporate Milk thistle in pct?

ive done some research and their is no standard dosage for milk thistle pct? the dosages vary from person to person. im going to try some m1t and was wondering wether to include this during OR post cycle or both. any advice? flames welcome

Dirk is offline New Member
    I always run it while doing orals then a week after I stop taking them.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I take 1000mg per day
    abstrack@protonmail.com

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I havn't seen any studies on dosage either. Although, milk thistle (Silybum marianum) is not for PCT. PCT meaning post cycle therapy for inducing your LH levels or stimulating the HPTA level back to normal after a cycle. Milk Thistle plays no role on this. Milk Thistle is a liver anti-oxidant stronger than Vitamin E and is used for protecting the liver from damage caused by 17alkalated orals such as dbol .

The common milk thistle contains some of the most potent liver protective substances known, a mixture of three flavanolignins colelctively referred to as silymarin. The concentration of silymarin is highest in the fruit, but it is also found in the seeds and leaves.

Silymarin's effect in preventing liver destruction and enhancing liver function relates largely to its ability to inhibit the factors that are responsible for hepatic damage, i.e., free radicals and leukotrienes, coupled with an ability to stimulate liver protein synthesis.

Silymarin prevents free radical damage by acting as an antioxidant.

Silymarin is many times more potent in antioxidant activity than vitamin E. Silymarin not only prevents the depletion of glutathione (GSH) induced by alcohol and other liver toxins, but it was shown to increase the basal GSH of the liver by 35 per cent over controls in one study. This is extremely useful when exposure to toxic substances is high, due to glutathione's vital role in detoxification reactions.

http://www.hepatitis-c.de/milk.htm

REFERENCES:
    30. Hikino, H. Kiso, Y., Wagner, H. and Fiegig, M., "Antihepatotoxic actions of flavonolignans from Silybum marianum fruits", Planta Medica, 1984, 50, pp 248-50
    31. Vogel, G., Trost, W., Braatz, R., et al., "Studies on pharmacodynamics, site and mechanism of action of silymarin the antihpatotoxic principle from Silybum marianum (L.) Gaert"., Arzneim-Forsch, 1975, 25, pp 179-85
    32. Wagner, H., Antihepatotoxic flavonoids", in Cody, V., Middleton, E. and Harbourne, J.D. (eds), Plant flavinoids in Biology and Medicine: Biochemical, Pharmacological and Structure-Activity relationships, Alan R. Liss, New York, NY 1986, pp545-58
    33. Wagner, H., "Plant constituents with antihepatotoxic activity", in Beal, J.L. and Reinhard, E. (eds) Natural Products as Medicinal Agents, Hippokrates-Verlang, Stuttgart, 1981
    34. Sarre, H., "Experience in the treatment of chronic hepatopathies with silymarin", Arzneim-Forsch, 1971, 21, pp 1,209-12
    35. Canini, F., Bartolucci, A., Cristallini, E., et al., "Use of silymarin in the treatment of alcoholic hepatic stenosis", Clin. Ther., 1985, 114, pp 307-14
    36. Salmi, H.A., and Sarna, S., "Effect of silymarin on chemical, functional, and morphological alteration of the liver. A double-blind controlled study" Scand.J.Gastroenterol., 1982, 17, pp 417-21
    37. Scheiber, V., and Wohlzogen, F.X., "Analysis of a certain type of 2 x 3 tables, exemplified by biopsy findings in a controlled clinical trial", Int.J.Clin.Pharmacol., 1978, 16, pp 533-5
    38. Boari, C., Montanari, M., Galleti, G.P., et al., "Occupational toxic liver diseases. Therapeutic effects of silymarin", Min.Med., 1985, 72, pp 2,679-88.

hulk007 is offline Banned
    ive read from the 2004 anabolic review that taking it slows down your muscle building gains from the new studies they have done,i beleive it slows down protein synthesis.

Thread Information