normstar is offline New Member

expected losses during PCT

anyone have an estimate on how much muslce mass one would typically lose during/after PCT? I have been on for about 26 weeks, my cycle was extremely basic but was designed by a former top 10 bodybuilder. I'm just wondering what to expect when I do the PCT and how much of my 25lbs. of gains I may lose. thanks....

n*

jmp51483 is offline Member
    Was this your first cycle?? what did it consist of?

yes it was my first. consisted of:

wk 1-15 500mg/week each of sus and cyp
    wk 16-25 300mg/week of winny
    wk 25-35 250mg/week each of sus and cyp

i'm right in the middle of the last leg here, and i am doing the lower dosages to make soem gains and continue to lean out, and also just to put off having to come off. According to my guy, many of the top pro's and expereinced folks in general never come off, they just drop it to a super low dose such as 250mg/week of deca or something like that. Just enough to prevent catabolism and keep your gains. the thinking is that 4 months or however long just isnt enough for your body to get "back to normal" anyway, so why bother. I've heard of people being on for 10-20 years, this includes some very popular folks that you all know.

anyway, just what i've heard. what do ya'll think of that?

n*

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    If you used Ndex, Ldex, or something else to keep bloat down, you may lose as little as 2-3 lbs. If not, you could lose as much as 10 in a very short time.

You can't do anything about losing water weight, exept maybe jumping on creatine.

Keep your protein up, fats and carbs moderate.
    Train less frequently and with less volume.
    Get 9-10 hrs of sleep.
    No alchohol or drugs, period.
    Take an effedra or caffiene supplement if you need energy.

You will need to stay on PCT for a little longer because of the length of your cycle, but if you follow the above, you will bounce back just fine.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by normstar

i'm right in the middle of the last leg here, and i am doing the lower dosages to make soem gains and continue to lean out, and also just to put off having to come off. According to my guy, many of the top pro's and expereinced folks in general never come off, they just drop it to a super low dose such as 250mg/week of deca or something like that. Just enough to prevent catabolism and keep your gains. the thinking is that 4 months or however long just isnt enough for your body to get "back to normal" anyway, so why bother. I've heard of people being on for 10-20 years, this includes some very popular folks that you all know.

n*
    You can't possibly be series. THIS IS THE CRAZIEST THREAD I HAVE EVER ANSWERED. Sorry to flame but wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! For a first cycle you were taking 1000mgs of test 9wks of winny at the wrong dosage , 9wks of winny is too long ESPECIALLY FOR A FIRST CYCLE....And wk 25-35 is a waste. Stop the cycle before you hurt yourself. Don't lower the dosage, you are screwing up all your levels.... This was a real bad idea, I am very surprised you even posted it.... I honestly think you are joking. Well that is besides the point. You need to start pct right away. Wait 21 days after your last sust shot . I am assuming your in wk 25-35. That means stop the cycle were ever you are....

PCT
    day 1 - 300mgs 20mgs nolva and .25mgs l-dex
    day 2-37 - 100mgs clomid, 20mgs nolva and .25mgs l-dex
    day 38-44 20mgs nolva and .25mgs l-dex

I would run pct this long because it is going to take alot for your body to recover because it is your first cycle. There is no harm in running pct this long.

Ask questions before starting a monster cycle like this.... It was a bad idea...
    Last edited by Russ616; 05-25-2004 at 04:35 PM.

Da Bull is offline Banned

n*
    Yikes!!! No turning back now bro....but Russ gave some good advice on pct

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    If you used Ndex, Ldex, or something else to keep bloat down, you may lose as little as 2-3 lbs. If not, you could lose as much as 10 in a very short time.

You can't do anything about losing water weight, exept maybe jumping on creatine.

Keep your protein up, fats and carbs moderate.
    Train less frequently and with less volume.
    Get 9-10 hrs of sleep.
    No alchohol or drugs, period.
    Take an effedra or caffiene supplement if you need energy.

You will need to stay on PCT for a little longer because of the length of your cycle, but if you follow the above, you will bounce back just fine.
    I am sorry to flame but why did you accept the fact that this kid has been on or going on a 35wk cycle of 1000MG TEST ( which by the way is not all the same - sust and cyp 500mgs each ) he is taking 9wks of winny which is a little too long and he is taking 300mgs ew, NOT 50mgs ED which is the min. He is also getting back on the test during wk 25-35 and lowering the dosage for what purpose I don't know. He hasn't mentioned any ancillaries throughout the cycle and hasn't proposed or brought to the table his pct and you give the response you did. You are a senoir member, and again I am not trying to make an enemy , but you have to see something wrong in this. If you don't then there is something wrong.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Whats done is done at this point. IF your in wk26, then you've just shot your first sust/cyp for the second phase, correct?

What ancilleries do you have, and have access to?

These are need to knows, as I'm going to try and bring you to a pleasant a stop as possible. Don't stop yet, let me know the above and we can figure the best plan of action

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ616
    I am sorry to flame but why did you accept the fact that this kid has been on or going on a 35wk cycle of 1000MG TEST ( which by the way is not all the same - sust and cyp 500mgs each ) he is taking 9wks of winny which is a little too long and he is taking 300mgs ew, NOT 50mgs ED which is the min. He is also getting back on the test during wk 25-35 and lowering the dosage for what purpose I don't know. He hasn't mentioned any ancillaries throughout the cycle and hasn't proposed or brought to the table his pct and you give the response you did. You are a senoir member, and again I am not trying to make an enemy , but you have to see something wrong in this. If you don't then there is something wrong.

What should I do, call him a liar? Or should I turn the caps lock on and piss and whine about how stupid he was for doing such a thing? He is already to this point, and I am giving him an answer to his question.

If you feel the urge to call me out more and argue, do it via PM. I will not get into a pissing contest with you on the open board.
    Last edited by inheritmylife; 05-25-2004 at 06:15 PM.

calm down fools. thansk for the tips tho.. i misspoke on the winny, it was only 6 weeks, hittin' 100mg 3 times per week. you guys sure seem knowledeable, but again, my "source" and trainer is in preparation for the masters olympia and has been doing this for a long, long time. i've met several of the big guys as well, cormier, platz, etc. and i've heard stories that would make you guys **** from how you reacted to my little beginner cycle! hah..

pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by ancillaries? thanks for the tips thus far...

n*

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Do you have or can you get?

Nolvadex /Anastrozole/Clomid

HCG

calm down fools. thansk for the tips tho.. i misspoke on the winny, it was only 6 weeks, hittin' 100mg 3 times per week. you guys sure seem knowledeable, but again, my "source" and trainer is in preparation for the masters olympia and has been doing this for a long, long time. i've met several of the big guys as well, cormier, platz, etc. and i've heard stories that would make you guys **** from how you reacted to my little beginner cycle! hah..

pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by ancillaries? thanks for the tips thus far...

n*
    Like I said before I am not tryin to flame you bro, but I feel you are a little misinformed. It doesn't even matter if you knew Ronnie Coleman. Your buddy set you up with alot of gear for a first time user. And bro believe me I know people who take 2g's of test ew and another 2g's ew in other compounds but that doesn't mean I am ready for that. All I am saying is the cycle was set up a little poorly and The amount of gear you used is good for a 4th or 5th cycle not a 1st. Just remember your buddy has been using a hell of alot longer than you, so start off slow and safer, see how your body responds and then move up or change for your next cycle. Body Building is a long term sport, this stuff doesn't happen in one cycle. Time my man.... Time...

...............NO FLAME INTENDED...............

I hear ya, thanks for the input. I can get Clomid and Nolva, what do ya'll suggest I do? I saw the 30 day cycle on here, but should I up to to 45? thanks....

n*

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Getting back to your initial question...seems you did quite a bit of test without taking anything to keep the water off. As for the 25 pounds I would be inclined to think you will be losing quite a bit unless you were able to keep the water weight off some other way. I just came off of a test only cycle taking 10mg nolva/ed with it and am in my 3rd/almost 4th week of PCT...Total gain was 18 lbs and so far I've kept every bit of it. Not that the same will apply 4 weeks from now

I didn't really lose that much really. On the test cycle I gained about 30 lbs. over the 15 weeks, eating everything in sight including tons of cheesecake. I also trained like crazy, for example, 20 rep set squats with 315, 30 reps with 215, 5 reps with 460, etc. those were my bests, and i bust my butt to get up to that with my intensity being through the roof.

after that cycle i hit the winny and went from 234 down to about 220-222, but i got much leaner including my hardest to fix spot around the waist. so bottom line, this is the freakin best i've ever looked in my life, so that why im a bit worried about how to come off right. I don't want to lose these gains before summer is over, i live 75 yards from the freakin beach in LA!!!! hehe...

n*

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't want to lose these gains before summer is over, i live 75 yards from the freakin beach in LA!!!! hehe...

n*
    Looking for a roommate?

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, the water weight you did gain surely came off during your bridge with winny. You should try and get some l-dex (arimidex ) to keep the water off during this last phase and nolvadex . You also need clomid for post cycle therapy . And also might want to use some hcg toward the end. Hopefully Pheedno will come back with some more exact recommendations...

Thread Information