Thread: pct on hrt

test is best is offline Associate Member

pct on hrt

bros, how do you do pct if your on permanet hrt?
    Im on test e 500 mg per week,ive been told 2 weeks after last shot go
    straight to the androgel and thats it!sounds about right what do you think?

kaorialfred is offline Member

pct on hrt

not sure but about your question. I don't consider my self a cycler because of my urologist has me at 2 cc a week. I have asked for nolva and he gave me script for that. As far as the others (I-dex, teslac ,or provion) I am looking into getting that from another dr. Scripts save me money.
    After my surgery, I went on a shot a month and Testim gel building up my levels I guess up to 2cc a week. On the gel my levels flux badly one test (blood was done 2 wks for a month) my test was about 1200 then for two labs it was 32 and 87. So we went for the shots

I take the nolva cause I am prone to look gyno and hold water. So I asked for it. I don't really know what a doctor is to give you to go with HRT or TRT.
    Hope that helps.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    500mg a week is a heavy HRT dose, I hope I get a doctor like that when I get older

If you are on a lifetime HRT, why not just keep the injections going? I am not on HRT so there is probably something I am missing.....as will be the case with most people in this forum. There is an HRT forum on these boards, it may be best to post this question there. This is more of a PCT forum for those coming off steroids , which I assumed you wanted to do since you are posting here...are you going to come off androgel ? If so, keep reading.

I don't know if androgel would be such a good idea as it will replace your testosterone , but it won't help you recover. Once you get off the androgel, then what? If you are planing on coming off, then you need a differnet route.

I would do a combination of Clomid and Nolvadex as PCT, run for 4 weeks after the esters have cleared. I think a good dossage is 100mg with 20mg clomid, but its your call. Ask your doctor about clomid therapy, I don't know if nolvadex is commonly used for fertility.....If you just want to sidestep the doc order the Liquid Nolva and Clomid from a research company. Hang around and so some research here, plus talk to the doctor SWALE who posts at numerous boards. sculptedbyiron.com is one of them. And only take my advice as a grain of salt, I am not a doctor.

Bottom line: Ask your doctor and see what options you have. He probably has a plan for what he wants to do with your HRT. What I gave you is just some suggestions.

-Good luck
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 06-05-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by test is best
    bros, how do you do pct if your on permanet hrt?
    Im on test e 500 mg per week,ive been told 2 weeks after last shot go
    straight to the androgel and thats it!sounds about right what do you think?
    Ask your doc.

hammerxxx is offline New Member
    what is HRT, Im new to the game?

woodiechopper is offline Associate Member
    HRT = hormone replacement therapy. For people with hypogonadism which is a medical condition, which is one reason for AS to exist. Generally older people (like over 40). Doctors differ in what they consider to be low test. An "antiaging doc" would consider something around 500ng to be low, but a normal doc might not (they just say, get old gracefully). It's run continuously to supplement test, just like people with hypothyroidism run a thyroid extract.

On the original post, I'm on HRT as well and basically the doc feels the body will recover largely on its own (since it's already low test maybe it matters less). I do take arimidex during the cycle.

A blood test will tell you if body chemistry is ok, and if things are ok in bed, then you should be good to go.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    [QUOTE=UrbanLegend]500mg a week is a heavy HRT dose, I hope I get a doctor like that when I get older

Yeah well, I am a very difficult person to dose it seems. I am now on 2.5 cc a week. Seems to not be doing what it should the test that is. Yeah I can see 3 coming around the corner

test is best is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    500mg a week is a heavy HRT dose, I hope I get a doctor like that when I get older

If you are on a lifetime HRT, why not just keep the injections going? I am not on HRT so there is probably something I am missing.....as will be the case with most people in this forum. There is an HRT forum on these boards, it may be best to post this question there. This is more of a PCT forum for those coming off steroids , which I assumed you wanted to do since you are posting here...are you going to come off androgel ? If so, keep reading.

I don't know if androgel would be such a good idea as it will replace your testosterone , but it won't help you recover. Once you get off the androgel, then what? If you are planing on coming off, then you need a differnet route.

I would do a combination of Clomid and Nolvadex as PCT, run for 4 weeks after the esters have cleared. I think a good dossage is 100mg with 20mg clomid, but its your call. Ask your doctor about clomid therapy, I don't know if nolvadex is commonly used for fertility.....If you just want to sidestep the doc order the Liquid Nolva and Clomid from a research company. Hang around and so some research here, plus talk to the doctor SWALE who posts at numerous boards. sculptedbyiron.com is one of them. And only take my advice as a grain of salt, I am not a doctor.

Bottom line: Ask your doctor and see what options you have. He probably has a plan for what he wants to do with your HRT. What I gave you is just some suggestions.

-Good luck
    my hrt is permanent,androgel is my test

Thread Information