rhapsody is offline Junior Member

mesterolone PROVIRON

Just wish to get some feedback about using Proviron post cycle. Have Nolva during but only for a few days after. Clomid I have. Also have Schering 25mg 20 Proviron tabs. Any replies welcomed. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody
    Just wish to get some feedback about using Proviron post cycle. Have Nolva during but only for a few days after. Clomid I have. Also have Schering 25mg 20 Proviron tabs. Any replies welcomed. thanks
    proviron is not to be used post cycle, as it suppresses HPTA

flexshack is offline Member
    bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    although i do agree with you on this, i, as everyone else, wasn't sure due to the lack of studies done. have you heard some new news about the topic? anecdotal?
    In addition to the studies cited many times before (where ~40% of people treated with proviron had decreased FSH levels), there are these studies:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=3084373

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...st_uids=883846

Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1977 May;6(5):339-45. Related Articles, Links

The hormone response to a synthetic androgen (mesterolone) in oligospermia.

Jackaman FR, Ansell ID, Ghanadian R, McLoughlin PV, Lewis JG, Chisholm GD.

Forty subfertile men with oligospermia were treated with a synthetic androgen (Mesterolone). The effect of the drug was evaluated by measuring serum testosterone , luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and analysing the semen before and after treatment. The results demonstrated that in twenty-three patients treated for 6-9 months there was a significant decrease in serum testosterone (P less than 0.01); the means +/- SEM before and after treatment were 17.05 +/- 0.95 and 14.7 +/- 0.95 (nmol/l serum) respectively. There was a pronounced increase in serum LH (P less than 0.01), the values being 2.73 +/- 0.26 and 3.61 +/- 0.3 (u/l) respectively. However, no significant difference was found in serum FSH before and after treatment. The sperm concentration showed a variable response to treatment. In twenty-one patients there was either no change or worsening in the sperm concentration, whereas in nineteen patients an improvement was observed. The analysis of variance of sperm concentration and motility for the periods before and after treatment, for all the patients, showed no significant difference in the sperm concentration F1.145 = 2.82 (P=0.1).

bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.

There are some studies that have shown little to no suppression, but pct is no time to gamble on that....you've got next to no endogenous test production.....it's like buying a lottery ticket with your last dollar IMO. There are several compounds proven to do nothing but facilitate HPTA recovery, so I'll rely on them and stay away from anything with potential to be counterproductive to my primary goal during pct, regaining endo test production as quickly as possible.

bloob
    Last edited by flexshack; 01-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.

okay thanks guys, do you suspect I can use DURING my current cycle?(d-bol,10 days more,test p,tren If so 1 tab EOD? Your thoughts please . I will need to get more pct serms anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody
    okay thanks guys, do you suspect I can use DURING my current cycle?(d-bol,10 days more,test p,tren If so 1 tab EOD? Your thoughts please . I will need to get more pct serms anyways.
    During a cycle, it's a great addition....50-100mg/day, depending on dosage of test. I still use nolva with it though.

sounds good

Thread Information