hardasnails1973 is offline New Member

extremely low iodine levels

I did the patch test and it was gone in matter of 4 hours and I was wondering what would be the best method of restoring my iodine levels. For people that don;t think iodine defeicency is possible. It can happen. During contest time i was eating tons of raw broccoli, spinach and other goitergen foods, taking gh, under alot of stress, tons of caffine ephedra, ect. I cut out all red meat, no diary (allergic to milk) and stopped my liver tabs 5-6 weeks out to become drier. Looking back, vitamin contained no iodine at all and with in a few weeks I started to notice constipation like crazy and I had plenty of fiber and greens going through me. In last 4-5 weeks i lost over 10lbs of muscle and lost 20 lbs all together. This is where i am assuming my iodine levels were starting to get depelted causing all the hypothyroid symptoms. Over the past 5 years I NEVER salt my food or add an other sodium to it. I eat what ever is there and if it is blend so be it. SO my question is this. How can I get my iodine levels up to par in a rapid way? I was thinking of iosols potassiumn iodine, but i was looking for a non toxic for because it can make me go hyper. Another reason I have suspicion of iodine deficency is that when I eat salmon I goto the bathroom like immdeiately after wards and this happens with no other food. Salmon is loaded in iodine and may be enough to trigger my thyroid production for an hour or so. Imput would be appreciated. PS can you tell me a site where I can get t-100 reasonable. It seems to be a very crucial supplement

Quake is offline Member
    Kelp increases iodine in your system and a bottle of tablets are pretty cheap in any local health store. I was taking four tabs a day and recently had to stop as they were attributing to making me feel sick and unable to eat.

Some people are allergic to not the kelp but binders in tablets. Why i think i am going to go with iosols or t-100 as mallet suggested, but being so defiencnt I was just wondering the dosages

Tank010101 is offline New Member
    where does one get this t-100? and what is in it?

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Iodine is also in several types of seafood.

If you're going to take kelp, take 150 mcg per day.

will that be enough to offset the deficency. As long as it is natural iodine I don;t think you need ot worry about toxicity unless going to like 2-3 grams a day

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    That should offset the deficiency. If you want to take more than that, it shouldn't hurt.

Thanks bro
    I just curious what mallets suggest. In my research I found that iodine defecient people blood test results shows tsh on the rise and t-4 in the normal range and t-3 in the normal to low range. My tsh was pushed up from 1.25 to 1.91 and t-4 lowered slightly and t-3 is at bottom of low end range. Hope fully by taking all your imput I can correct this problem through replenishing proper nuitrients and get over this hump

just got back from the health food store. i got bladderwack in tincture form at 150 mcgs of iodine and more l-tyrosine, and a good multi vitamin as well.
    going to hit 1000-1500 mcgs of iodine a day, 3000 mgs l tyrosine, multiviatmin, 5000 mcgs of subliginual b-12, coleskins are next, grandular 2-3 times a day. PS just took 4 dropps of bladderwack and started sweat my butt off with in 15 minutes after one week I will retest the patch for 48 hour to se if iodine is still needed.

Thread Information