shiloh is offline Junior Member

Arimidex and Nolvadex at the same time?

I read this on Arimidex .com:

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

It may not have anything to do with the reason that we take it but I was just curious why they say you shouldn't take the two together...

Anyone know?

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    The reason I can think of that is the same reason for our concerns as well. Both using an AI and SERM together may or will upset the lipid panel and inhibit cholesterol levels.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What your reading is for post-menopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive disease.

That information came from the ATAC Trial...... where a study was conducted to show the effectivness of Arimidex alone, Nolvadex alone, and Arimidex and Nolvadex together. The study showed that Arimidex worked best with out Nolva, and Arimidex was also beter then using Nolvadex alone.

What we use it for is to block the conversion of test to estogen with Arimidex. Nolva will keep receptors clear of any estrogen trying to bind to them. Nolva also mimics estrogen in the liver which will help in keeping lipids stable.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    What your reading is for post-menopausal women with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive disease.

That information came from the ATAC Trial...... where a study was conducted to show the effectivness of Arimidex alone, Nolvadex alone, and Arimidex and Nolvadex together. The study showed that Arimidex worked best with out Nolva, and Arimidex was also beter then using Nolvadex alone.

What we use it for is to block the conversion of test to estogen with Arimidex. Nolva will keep receptors clear of any estrogen trying to bind to them. Nolva also mimics estrogen in the liver which will help in keeping lipids stable.
    good info

shiloh is offline Junior Member
    Okay, I just found out why they said that. It's because nolvadex reduces the plasma levels of arimidex by 27%. However. I still will be using both in my next cycle.

Thread Information