steropower is offline Associate Member

looking for legal pct-not controlled substances

i used clomid with success but it has a long half life and is dangerous for drug tested events.

is it true that clomid has a half life of 5-7days?

how many days does it take to clear?

can i replace it with tribulus?

what would you suggest?

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steropower
    i used clomid with success but it has a long half life and is dangerous for drug tested events.

is it true that clomid has a half life of 5-7days?

how many days does it take to clear?

can i replace it with tribulus?

what would you suggest?
    Drugs used for PCT are not *controlled* substances. Rather they are drugs readily available by prescription.
    http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/agency/csa.htm

Tribulus is not an effective replacement for clomid or tamoxifen /nolvadex .

Clomid has a half life of approximately 5 days.
    Last edited by MMC78; 09-15-2004 at 03:59 PM.

system admin is offline Owner
    www.anabolicreview-research.com

clomid, nolvadex

this is from ioc page.pct is banned.

(E) PEPTIDE HORMONES MIMETICS AND ANALOGUES

Chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin – prohibited in males only) :
    It is well known that the administration of Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (hCG) or other related compounds leads to an increase in the production of natural androgenic steroids and is considered equivalent to the exogenous administration of testosterone .
    A sample would be considered positive if the concentration is above 20 ImU/ml. During the analysis two different immunoassay methods must be used.

Pituitary and Synthetic Gonadotrophins – (LH - Prohibited in males only)

Corticotrophin (ACTH., tetracosactide) : Corticotrophin has been misused to increase the levels of endogenous corticosteroids in the blood, particularly to obtain the mood elevating effect of corticosteroids. The administration of Corticotrophin is considered to be equivalent to the oral, intramuscular or intravenous application of corticosteroids (See section III.C).

Growth Hormone (hGH, Somatotrophin): The use of Growth Hormone in sport is regarded as unethical and dangerous because of various adverse side-effects, for example, allergic reactions, diabetogenic effects and acromegaly when administered in large doses.

Insulin -like Growth Factor (IGF-1):

Erythropoietin (EPO): A glycoproteinic hormone produced in the human kidney which regulates, apparently by retroaction, the rate of synthesis of erythrocytes.

Insulin: Permitted only to treat insulin-dependent diabetes. Written notification of insulin-dependent diabetes by an endocrinologist is required (for riders of Trade Teams 1 and II only the registration on the health record booklet will be taken into consideration). All Riders with insulin dependent diabetes are required to register a certificate from their GP with the General Secretary of British Cycling.

Also prohibited for males are clomiphene, cyclofenil and tamoxifen and aromatose inhibitors.

Without prejudice to the concentration stipulated for hCG., the presence of an abnormal concentration of an endogenous hormone in Class (E) or its diagnostic marker(s) in the urine of a competitor constitutes an offence unless it has been proven to be due to a physiological or pathological condition.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    But do they actually test for Clomid? Or just say don't do it... I have been wondering this for awhile now... how many athlete's pop for Clomid? Headlines like, "World-Class Swimmer Pops Positive for Clomiphene Citrate" don't happen... and in my time at AR nobody has posted about failing a drug test cuz of Clmoid use. And it's use in PCT is VERY popular...

Your exert list various drugs that are on the "just don't do it" list - like insulin and GH, which are endogenous compounds and at this time have no way to test for them (but a lot of money is being put into some kind of GH test - similar to how they are able to test for testosterone via urine metabolites)... they occur naturally...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    But do they actually test for Clomid? Or just say don't do it... I have been wondering this for awhile now... how many athlete's pop for Clomid? Headlines like, "World-Class Swimmer Pops Positive for Clomiphene Citrate" don't happen... and in my time at AR nobody has posted about failing a drug test cuz of Clmoid use. And it's use in PCT is VERY popular...

Your exert list various drugs that are on the "just don't do it" list - like insulin and GH, which are endogenous compounds and at this time have no way to test for them (but a lot of money is being put into some kind of GH test - similar to how they are able to test for testosterone via urine metabolites)... they occur naturally...
    i think that in athens olympics ioc was able to test for hgh.

as for clomid,maybe top athletes don't use it.

i really don't know.

has anyone heard about any athlete tested positive for clomid or nolvadex ?

Quote Originally Posted by steropower
    i think that in athens olympics ioc was able to test for hgh.

as for clomid,maybe top athletes don't use it.

i really don't know.

has anyone heard about any athlete tested positive for clomid or nolvadex?
    Do you have a link? The IOC was putting a lot of money into trying to come up with a system... but everything they came up with could easily be rebutted in court for a negative-positive... even today testosterone positives can be fought, sometimes quite easily...

And I am also very interested to hear a deffinitive answer to whether they test for Clomid and/or Nolvadex ...

check these web pages

http://www.hghnews.us/p/IOC-Test-for...__109,316.html

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...s8steroid.html

probably they couldn't detect gh in athens cause noone got caught or i didn't read anything related.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm a competitive bodybuilder.

That said.. your cycle and PCT should be planned to end with more than enough time to ensure a negative drug test.Unless you get randomly drug-tested during your competitive season you willl be fine. Plan your PCT to end 2 weeks before a drug-tested competition if you're skittish.(mine ends 5-7 days before a contest.. 'cept with compounds like proviron which can take up to 21days to clear)

i believe in athens it would have been impossible to catch a GH-using athelete.Gh tests were only developed to be able to detect GH up to 36 hours after the last administration.An athelete only had to stop his GH-regime 2 days before the testing to not be caught.. GH-gains are retained for months or years.. so after 2 days of ceased administration he would still be as strong and as fast.. but clean

Yeah - they can't seem to test for exogenous GH use... its a natural substance so it's not like they can just isolate a metabolite like they can with THG use. If blood tests were allowed - then that would open a whole new door toward doping control... but the IOC can not get every nation to agree to it... and lets face it... they know some use makes a better game Stronger and better conditioned athletes... if sports authorities really wanted no PED's in professional sports - there would be a better system. Like the NFL could probably start blood tests...

Back to Clomid and Nolvadex ... if they did test for their metabolites... the problem would be legitament prescriptions (breast cancer, ovulation)... and they are not anabolic steroids ... I doubt they are tested for... but then again, they wanted to test for Sodium Bicarbonate (aka, Baking Soda) at one point cause the athletes were using it as a blood buffer - but the problem is... that would ban ALL BAKED GOODS... blah...

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I'm a competitive bodybuilder.

That said.. your cycle and PCT should be planned to end with more than enough time to ensure a negative drug test.Unless you get randomly drug-tested during your competitive season you willl be fine. Plan your PCT to end 2 weeks before a drug-tested competition if you're skittish.(mine ends 5-7 days before a contest.. 'cept with compounds like proviron which can take up to 21days to clear)
    are you a drug tested athlete?

what kind of championship in bodybuilding is tested for drugs?ifbb,nabba or what?

i didn't know bodybuilders were drug tested.

also have you done clomid and nolvadex in your pct.

you said about proviron but this is a completely different drug with different clearance time(faster i think)and by the way proviron never helped me retain my gains.

I compete under the IFBB and am tested in accordance to their rules and regulations

And YEs ..I've done clomid and nolvadex PCT

Thread Information