Thread: Nolva Question

Ripdx is offline Associate Member

Nolva Question

Do you have to take Nolva throughout your cycle. I didnt take it but i had it on hand just incase. In a week im starting pct and was wondering if i should take nolva with the clomid or just run the clomid? Thanks alot guys...

mikeyb is offline Junior Member
    just clomid

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdx
    Do you have to take Nolva throughout your cycle. I didnt take it but i had it on hand just incase. In a week im starting pct and was wondering if i should take nolva with the clomid or just run the clomid? Thanks alot guys...
    I would take both, you need an anti-e in you post cycle like nolvadex or arimidex .

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    It is not necessary to run nolva through out. Users administering high dosages over 1000mg's or more like to run 10mg ED to keep estrogen levels in check and to use as a preventive method to gyno symptoms. It's not a bad idea if you want to use this method as well. I run 20mg of nolvadex and 2.5mg of letrozole every sat and sunday through out as a preventive method. I run high cycles over 2500mg or higher so Im susceptible to inflamation.

As for PCT, definitely run nolva along side clomid. Studies show nolvadex being tissue specific and binding to the ER competeing with estrogen unlike clomid. Clomids main purpose, studies have shown, is to stimulation unlike it's cousin or fellow SERM nolvadex. Both are selective estrogen receptor modulators of the triphenylethylenes family. Studies have shown clomid acts as a poor anti-estrogen and not it's main purpose due to tissue selectiveness. To conclude, the best PCT is not one or the other but both in a combination method. One for LH stimulation and the other as the anti-estrogen.

If you read Pheedno's PCT. His articles in explanation and his suggestion show applying a third compound such as an AI (aromize inhibitor) such as l-dex will, in quote: "adding L-dex, the inhibitence of excess estrogen allows Tamox to work greater at LH stimulation in the begining stages of PCT, since the need to prevent binding in the mammery is lessened by the reduction in estrogen biosynthesis".

Thus adding this third compound will assist nolvadex in acting as an LH stimulator along side clomid helping restore natural test levels even quicker and restoring the HPTA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripdx

Thread Information