bigjohnr is offline Associate Member

When to start HCG

Do you start your HCG right after you come off? How many weeks do you run it before going to clomid?
    Thanks

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    I ran mine throughout my twelve-week cycle. I did 250iu every other day and got no testicular shrinkage. I will be doing it this way again and I recommend it highly!

thanks Duck of death.
    How long was your cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnr
    Do you start your HCG right after you come off? How many weeks do you run it before going to clomid?
    Thanks
    Best way to run it is during a cycle that is 15 weeks or longer

thanks unhcj, that is what I have done and I was going to run it for 2 or 3 weeks before taking the clomid. How does that sound?

I have had no testicular shrinkage while taking 2000iu of HCG throughout my cycles. I also abstain from HCG during clomid therapy, I wait until after. It makes recovery a breeze, and you keep basically everything you gained(minus water bloat).

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind you need to wait couple days after your last HCG before starting Clomid and don't use it after since it's HPTA suppressive.

Personally, if you're using it at the end of your cycle, I'd only use what's necessary to get back up to normal size before starting Clomid, so the length depends on how much shrinkage. I also wouldn't use more than 500iu/day.

I also don't buy the length-of-cycle argument. If you have shrinkage you need it no matter how short or long your cycle, it' s just that the longer the cycle the more likely you are to have it and the worse it can get.

Johnsomebody is definately correct in waiting a little while before starting clomid therapy. I usuall wait a week to ten days, timed accordingly with when the longest lasting ester duration. So if I'm doing test ent, I wait until three weeks after my last injection to start clomid. This is because my blood test-serum levels do show an overly prominent spike even at two weeks after the last injection. I wait till the exogeneous test clears before pooring on the clomid. I get he amount of estrogen checked as well. Cause if you got estrogen buildup, you got hypothalamous suppression. Usually this is not a problem if you've been running an AI the entire time.

thanks guys this helps alot

wired-up is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by youngNhungry
    Johnsomebody is definately correct in waiting a little while before starting clomid therapy. I usuall wait a week to ten days, timed accordingly with when the longest lasting ester duration. So if I'm doing test ent, I wait until three weeks after my last injection to start clomid. This is because my blood test-serum levels do show an overly prominent spike even at two weeks after the last injection. I wait till the exogeneous test clears before pooring on the clomid. I get he amount of estrogen checked as well. Cause if you got estrogen buildup, you got hypothalamous suppression. Usually this is not a problem if you've been running an AI the entire time.
    so if you wait 3 weeks to run the clomid, when do you run the HCG ? i know you said you took 2000iu throughout, but is that ED, EW or what? if EW, how much ED if it's not recommended to take more than 500ED? do you run any during the 3 weeks between test and clomid? what if you're using winny or something else during that? all the HCG stuff is really confusing. the ancilliaries are 10x's more confusing than the gear itself!

ALF
    ALF is offline New Member
    well thereotically speaking wouldnt taking HCG over the course of many many weeks cause your testes to respond poorly to the body;s own LH? You might consider taking a higher less frequent doses...not sure though if this would happen at such loses of hcg

Thread Information