Low FSH Levels...

Whats up bros I just got prescribed testosterone today not for natural low levels of test, but because my FSH levels were low. Could you guys tell me some symptoms that might accompany the low FSH levels and what other treatments are available to me?

ProVet is offline Banned
    Background: Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) is a glycoprotein gonadotropin secreted by the anterior pituitary in response to gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), which is released by the hypothalamus. The same pituitary cell also secretes luteinizing hormone (LH), another gonadotropin. FSH and LH are composed of alpha and beta subunits. The specific beta subunit confers the unique biologic activity. FSH and LH bind to receptors in the testis and ovary and regulate gonadal function by promoting sex steroid production and gametogenesis.

In men, LH stimulates testosterone production from the interstitial cells of the testes (Leydig cells). FSH stimulates testicular growth and enhances the production of an androgen-binding protein by the Sertoli cells, which are a component of the testicular tubule necessary for sustaining the maturing sperm cell. This androgen-binding protein causes high local concentrations of testosterone near the sperm, an essential factor in the development of normal spermatogenesis. Sertoli cells, under the influence of androgens, also secrete inhibin, a polypeptide, which may help to locally regulate spermatogenesis. Hence, maturation of spermatozoa requires both FSH and LH

Thread Information