profbiv is offline Associate Member

Post cycle acne relief

While on ran tren (fina) & test went off cycle a while ago and encounter the major acne problem tried numerous cures.

After four days of use I have seen a significant improvement by using calagel medicated aniti itch. This product is for relief of poison oak ect but I tried everything else and so far so good…
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post cycle acne relief-calagel.jpg  

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    hmm... what's in it, bro?

Active Ingredients

Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 1.8%, Zinc Acetate 0.21%, Benzethonium Chloride 0.15%. Inactive Ingredients

Purified Water, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Metabisulfite,Menthol, Other Fragrance.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_CalaGel_442.htm

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    How did you hear about this? So many immediately jump to accutane (which has many sides). It would be great to find other treatment options that help control acne.

Tried every freaking thing and was getting tried of my wife popping zits. Had this in the cabinet from our little guys cub scouts stuff and figured with the hell if it works it works so far day 6 and still have zits but they are significantly reduced in size and still shrinking…

Quote Originally Posted by profbiv
    Active Ingredients

Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 1.8%, Zinc Acetate 0.21%, Benzethonium Chloride 0.15%. Inactive Ingredients

Purified Water, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Metabisulfite,Menthol, Other Fragrance.

http://www.dermstore.com/product_CalaGel_442.htm
    The first ingredient in this is the antihistamine found in benadryl. Not sure about the second two. My guess is it works to help relieve the inflamation. Dermatologists will give a cortisone shot sometimes where acne is really inflamed. I'd recommend adding a gentle exfolient and benzoyl peroxide wash to your regimen.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    i have tried alot of stuff too and have had little luck so far, if i wanted to try this when would i use it and with if anything else what

Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    i have tried alot of stuff too and have had little luck so far, if i wanted to try this when would i use it and with if anything else what
    Well, basically, acne is caused by infection and subsequent infection of the pores. This happens when pores become blocked. Generally blockage occurs because of excess oil production that plugs pores, and when skin cells are not sloughing off properly (which is caused indirectly by oiliness).

So there are a few basic principles used to combat acne:

1. Exfoliation - manually removing old skin cells (use a scrubber (loofa) or a liquid product with a scrubbing compound in it
    2. Drying - using compounds that dry the skin out to help slough off skin cells. The most common ones are benzoyl peroxide, salycylic acid, and alcohols (witch hazel and stuff like that would also be in this category). Of course, the skin will react to dryness by producing more oil, so this is not a silver bullet, and moisturizers are essential.
    3. Fighting infection - antibiotics as well as benzoyl peroxide creams (and others) do this by destroying the bacteria below the skin, eliminating the source of the inflammation.

And it seems like the product at the top of this thread works to relieve acne by reducing the inflammation.

At any rate, I believe in order to be successful, you have to use a regimen - and what works for me is daily exfoliation, a benzoyl peroxide wash, and a moisturizing lotion with a low dose of benzoyl peroxide. It's harder to take care of the back, and that's where my problems are. Hope this helps.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    so what exactly does your routine look like, do you do it in the morning and night and if so using what, thanks.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    I have found that personally a combination of benzoyl peroxide, and salicylic acid help tremendously. I am also considering accutane though!

When i take my first shower, or wash my face, i use a salicylic acid acne wash with exfoliants, then a moisturizer afterwards containing a small dose of salicylic acid. Then at night when i shower before bedtime i will wash with the salicylic acid, then use a 10% benzoyl peroxide cream overnight..

10% benzoyl peroxide does dry the skin tremendously though, so I started with a 5% gel and worked my way up!

salicylic acid acne wash…

Any brand preference?

I found that as far as what works for me as compared to what works for other people was a bit hit or miss. I recommend trying a regimen for at least 3-4 weeks to see how it works for you. For example, I found that for me, salicylic acid is completely worthless, but benzoyl peroxide works great. For others, the opposite is true.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    have you guys seen that spray and pill combo thing over the counter. Its called natural something, i havent tried it, but a spray would make back work much easier.

scotty082865 is offline Junior Member
    One other thing guys, cut back on super hot showers. I just went through this with my dermatologist and she walked me through the basics as everyone here describes. Just adding this one thing.

She put me on doxicycline which in an antibioptic and also reduces the inflamation.

Good stuff.

Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by playa4933
    have you guys seen that spray and pill combo thing over the counter. Its called natural something, i havent tried it, but a spray would make back work much easier.
    No, I've not heard of it. Do you have any details?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty082865
    One other thing guys, cut back on super hot showers. I just went through this with my dermatologist and she walked me through the basics as everyone here describes. Just adding this one thing.

She put me on doxicycline which in an antibioptic and also reduces the inflamation.

Good stuff.

Scotty
    Just out of curiosity, what is it about the showers that is bad. I personally do not take super hot showers, because I hate to still be hot and sweating my a$$ off after I just got out of the shower - but I'm interested to know why exactly that is.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    whitey i will check my supermarket next time i go and i might try it out. They have a kit for face and a kit for body. As for showers, hot water really pisses off all that inflamation and makes it more red as far as i know. I read an article once, ill look around for it.

whitey i will check my supermarket next time i go and i might try it out. They have a kit for face and a kit for body. As for showers, hot water really pisses off all that inflamation and makes it more red as far as i know. I read an article once, ill look around for it.
    cool, bro - sounds good.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    I know what your talking about, i have seen it, but never used it. Its called like natures cure, or something along those lines. It comes with chewable tablets...

I'm not sure about the effectiveness of it, but it does also come with a benzoyl peroxide cream. IMO its the benzoyl peroxide that would be helping, not the pills!

I'm taking doxycycline, and that does help, but i dont plan on using anti-biotics long term! I am clearing up right now at the start of my cycle, and will use them again during PCT.

My dermatologist prescribed me dioxycycline, tazarac gel, and 10% Benzyl wash. Used those 3 things and the acne was still a bitch to get to clear up. I think whatever the case or cure, it takes months to fully dissapear. Seems like the guys who are really suscpect to bitch tits never get acne, but the ones who get bad acne never get bitch tits!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    I'm not sure about the effectiveness of it, but it does also come with a benzoyl peroxide cream. IMO its the benzoyl peroxide that would be helping, not the pills!
    Seriously, it's ridiculous how many exotic, overpriced treatments are out there, when it's just good old benzoyl peroxide providing the results. I just go to Wal-mart and buy a cheap tube of 10% benzoyl peroxide. I use that with an exfoliant scrub in the shower, and I'm in good shape except for those spots on my back I can't get to very well.

Slamtime is offline New Member

Exclamation

One of the common problems with AAS(specifically with the more androgenic gears such as your injectable testosterones & orals such as Dianabol , Anadrol , etc.) is acne. This is due to the subaceous glands in the skin becoming enlarged, which in turn causes more oil to be produced. This happens because the body is attempting to expel the excess androgens that are building up in the system.

The only way to completely irradicate it is through the use of Accutane, which causes the subaceous glands to shrink.

It is my belief that one of the reasons some of us get acne while others get gyno is because of how our bodies handle the androgens. Some of us have very little aromatization of test to estrogen(whether it be due to lacking certain enzymes, receptors, etc.), hence, our bodies end up having a greater amount of androgens to deal with.
    On the flip side, those who are prone to gyno I believe end up having a greater ratio of the androgens readily converted to estrogen(or estradiol), so the androgens won't have as much of an effect on the subaceous glands.

Nevertheless, it wouldn't surprise me if the same person who wasn't normally gyno prone when using androgenic gear, were to end up with progesterone-induced gyno weeks later after running something like 400-600mg Deca -Durabolin pw in conjunction with 500-750mg test enanthate pw. While progesterone by itself doesn't cause gyno, it doesn't take much excess estrogen to trigger it. heh, so keep that in mind if you think you're not prone to gyno.

Thread Information