Small Guy112 is offline Junior Member

*new Member* Need Advice!!!

welll for starters i wanted to say hi to everyone on this site. this is a great site may i add,

i am 19 years old and been trying to gain wieght for ever. hitting the gym wasnt my first action. i ate like a pig and that didn't help me at all. then i started to lift and take creatine and whey protein, i gained six pounds in a week then nothing...... i worked out and kept on taking but nothing, i didnt even have the strength in the gym at all. this is going to be embarrassing but i'm 5'8 130 lbs. ( i know i kno ) i eat very well, more then my bigger friends, i can chuck down a pie to myself and still want more. WHATS WRONG WITH ME???

I WAS THINKING ABOUT USING SOME JUICE, AS FOR MY FIRST CYCLE I DONT WANT TO WASTE MORE THEN 300$ AND I WANT TO GAIN ATLEAST 20LBS, I WANT TO DO IT IN A SAFE WAY MEANING TAKING ALL THE OTHER SUPP TO KICK OFF THE SIDE AFFECTS, CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ADVISE OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE

Slamtime is offline New Member
    Well, for starters:

#1. If you're not consuming enough calories in the correct ratios(carbs/protein/fats), you won't make any progress, even with AAS. It could very well be that you have a high metabolism & need to up your caloric intake.

#2. You need to be eating at least 5-6 meals per day. If your body needs 3000-4000 calories to maintain an anabolic state for adding mass, it has to be split up into 5-6 meals.

#3. If you're trying to put on mass, you need to do a low volume routine, such as 3 sets of 8, 4 sets of 6, or 5 sets of 5, doing no more than 4 exercises per workout, and not hitting the weights more than 4 times per week. You could also try doing pyramids, which is also known to have good results for adding mass. You should have at least 1 year of training under your belt prior to attempting a 4x6 or 5x5 routine, otherwise you may injure yourself since it involves working with heavier weight. Ligaments & tendons need more time to adapt to the rigors of weight training compared to muscle tissue.

#4. At 19 yrs old, you don't need to be using AAS, especially of you're only looking to put on 20-30 vanity pounds. Hell, I put on 40 lbs in my first year of training natural.

For your age, you have plenty of hormones being produced. All you need is a good diet, proper training, enough rest, and the gains you're looking for will come. Don't be so quick to turn to AAS. If you can't gain at all without AAS, you're certainly not going to gain anything keepable when using AAS, that's a proven fact my friend. =)

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    bro at your age i was 5'11" and 155lbs, beanpole. keep doin what your doin, it will come. spend time here learning about diet and workout. your body doesn't need aas yet, you can grow a ton naturally right now. there is nothing wrong with you, i thought the same thing but now im 6'2'' and 225lbs

Thread Information