ST240 is offline Junior Member

Nolva over Clomid for PCT (b/c of acne)

I finished my first cycle almost a year ago now and i was considering doing another one.

I did the 300/100/50 thing with the clomid for my PCT (properly timed). On cycle i had little to no acne at all but after PCT it flared up quite a bit. This lead me to believe that it was the clomid and not testosterone that caused the acne.

So my question to you is can i use nolvadex only for PCT instead of clomid? if so what would the regime look like?

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    It would be considerably longer because tamox alone does not stimulate LH levels and cause an HPTA restore like using clomid. Nolvadex purpose which studies have shown are to the competition to the ER(estrogen receptor). Clomid's purpose is to stimulation of LH levels causing the activity of the pituitary gland.

The only benefit to using nolvadex alone is subsiding the estrogen flush the body will cause during your down time. When test levels reach 0 the body mass produces estrogen to flood the newly open receptors to fight catabolism and help produce testosterone .

With out clomids stimulation it can take months up to a year to reach a considerate or normal base line you were at before you started a cycle. With out using clomid it is left up to you body to begin producing test on its own.

There is really no better way around a clomid/nolva combo despite mis-informed articles and opinions I see floating around boards. Studies and research dont lie.

yeah id really like to use both but i swear to god it was that clomid that gave me horrible acne..... i dont like it
    Last edited by ST240; 01-27-2005 at 08:54 PM.

joevette is offline Banned
    I bet you'd get acne with just nolva too. It's not the clomid causing the acne, it's the rapid hormone fluctuations.

but it lasted for like 4 months after the cycle and PCT was long gone....

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ST240
    but it lasted for like 4 months after the cycle and PCT was long gone....
    still doesnt mean your homones are right bro... thats why time on equals time off....

acne is something that I've just learned to accept because of steroids . The way I see it, unless you take a ****load of time off, you'll always have it if you are prone to it.

Thread Information