toc67guru is offline Associate Member

clomid suppressing sex drive????

i have taken this post i found on the meso website to see what anabolic -review members opinions are about it.

"Hi gents,

Why is it every time I get on Clomid I lose 100% of my sex drive? I was fine two days ago before getting on it, and now no sex drive whatsoever. I do now have some HCG and Proviron I am currently using.

I just was curious as to what your sex drive was during your recovery period when Clomid is introduced?

thanks!"

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    clomid's job is to increases LH, FSH, and get testosterone going again,
    it's also a mild anti-estgrogen, so I would think if anything it would help the libido......

You also have to take into account why we run PCT and that's to recover HPTA and right before and durring PCT are hormone levels will be at thier lowest point and this could be why there are libido problems for some while running clomid.

sniper320 is offline Member
    Ya it should be doing the opposite.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    You also have to take into account why we run PCT and that's to recover HPTA and right before and durring PCT are hormone levels will be at thier lowest point and this could be why there are libido problems for some while running clomid.

I think that is what is going on.

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont see how it is possible one loses there libido or sex drive on clomid. Clomid stimulates the LH levels and restores HTPA thus stimulating the testes back into production along with the sex drive.

Maybe this person is experiencing a libido problem during the waiting time and in the beginning of clomid therapy but most certainly not near the end if he is administering correctly at around the 3rd or 4th weekd depending on what method this person uses. I know from my experience from clomid therapy my sex drive shoots through the roof. I almost can't wait for PCT again and neither can my fiance.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The loss of sex drive is from SHBG levels increasing. Run an aromatase inhibtor along side your SERMs for PCT to control the influx

Tourk is offline Junior Member
    I finished a 3 weeks cycle of 25mg/d clomid and 25mg/d .
    My libido was medium so i went for blood test. Here is the results :
    Total testosterone 9.4 ng/ml
    Free testo 28.1 pg/ml
    LH 10.66 mIU/ml
    E2 estradiol 88pg/ml
    Can anyone explain to me why my sex drive is not normal ?

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    The loss of sex drive is from SHBG levels increasing. Run an aromatase inhibtor along side your SERMs for PCT to control the influx
    Do AI's reduce SHBG? I've never heard of that, thought only proviron and winny lowered SHBG.

Tourk is offline Junior Member
    Do i have to take anything else e.g. Arimidex or proviron ?
    I think that low sex drive have to do something with SHBG ,right ?

LuvMuhRoids is offline Anabolic Member
    This is true and studies have proven this. An increase in Sex Hormone Binding Globulin can inhibit sexual libido. If you go to Pheedno's PCT in the sticky above this forum. Read the first written article on administering an AI (aromitise inhibitor) to help control SHBG during post cycle. I advice reading the entire informative article for future use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno

Thread Information