Tropical Itch is offline New Member

Tamoxifen Citrate Vs. Tamoxifen Base?

I just got 500 tads of tamoxifen citrate. however it says underneath that 20 mg tamoxifen base equivelent to 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate. what does that mean???? is it dosed at 20 or 30.4mgs/ pill?

thx

2nd.Regime is offline New Member
    PCT dosaging in terms of Tamoxifen and Nolva aren't exactly equal. The written dose for Nolva is Tamoxifen base only while the written dose for Tamoxifen citrate includes BOTH Tamoxifen base and Citrate. Because of the Citrate you have to take more tamoxifen citrate to equal the normal amounts of nolva needed. So when people hear that Tamoxifen IS nolva they think "since they're the same you should dose the same." But if you did that you'd be underdosing your pct, which i'm sure we all don't want.

For your dosing, every 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate you take you're actually taking 20mg of tamoxifen (nolva). If you wanted 40mg of Nolva you would take 60.8 mg of tamoxifen citrate. According to what it says underneath your packages, for every mg of Nolva you want to take , multiply it by 1.52 and you'll get the mg of tamoxifen citrate you need to take.

10mgs Nolva = 15.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    20mgs Nolva = 30.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    40mgs Nolva = 60.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    60mgs Nolva = 91.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTEPCT dosaging in terms of Tamoxifen and Nolva aren't exactly equal. The written dose for Nolva is Tamoxifen base only while the written dose for Tamoxifen citrate includes BOTH Tamoxifen base and Citrate. Because of the Citrate you have to take more tamoxifen citrate to equal the normal amounts of nolva needed. So when people hear that Tamoxifen IS nolva they think "since they're the same you should dose the same." But if you did that you'd be underdosing your pct, which i'm sure we all don't want.

For your dosing, every 30.4 mg of tamoxifen citrate you take you're actually taking 20mg of tamoxifen (nolva). If you wanted 40mg of Nolva you would take 60.8 mg of tamoxifen citrate. According to what it says underneath your packages, for every mg of Nolva you want to take , multiply it by 1.52 and you'll get the mg of tamoxifen citrate you need to take.

10mgs Nolva = 15.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    20mgs Nolva = 30.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    40mgs Nolva = 60.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    60mgs Nolva = 91.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
    [/QUOTE]

not a bad first post!

Deez101 is offline Junior Member
    So does this mean that I should be taking more of the ARR tamox citrate to equal 20mg of "Nolva" when they say to take 20mg of Nolva ED during cycle and for PCT?

flash31 is offline Junior Member
    I'm very interested in this as well.

Deez101 is offline Junior Member
    Anyone?

Mutant is offline Banned
    Crazy stuff, I never realized this! No wonder I always end up taking 30mg of Tamox Citrate.

Mutant is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deez101
    So does this mean that I should be taking more of the ARR tamox citrate to equal 20mg of "Nolva" when they say to take 20mg of Nolva ED during cycle and for PCT?

If what that guy said about the dosages is true, then yes you should take 30mg.

blown is offline Associate Member
    I believe that this is the same for clomiphen citrate? But the ratio is slightly different.

However, in many PCT protocols I've read, they actually stated "100mg clomiphen citrate per day, etc."

So I've been taking 100mg / day of clomiphen citrate. Is this incorrect?

this is bull**** ...your not taking into account the absorbion rate. the absorbtion rate of a pill is 15 -45 % ......now liquid is different and there are alot of things that can be added to increase the absorbtion rate. that I won't go into.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    this is bull**** ...your not taking into account the absorbion rate. the absorbtion rate of a pill is 15 -45 % ......now liquid is different and there are alot of things that can be added to increase the absorbtion rate. that I won't go into.
    So what's the bottom line?

I'm currently taking 2mL of 50mg/mL liquid clomiphen citrate and 20mg of nolva tabs ED for PCT.

bump

Thread Information