MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member

No one knows?!?!?

I posted last week about which blood tests should be done and what values I should look for before starting another cycle...No one answered and now I have my results. The liver functions were high as follows:
    Bilirubin - 1.3
    AST - 62
    ALT - 86

And surprisingly, while my total cholesterol was a mere 142, my HDL was low, at 30.
    I was off cycle (and alcohol) for 4 weeks prior to the blood work. What are your thoughts on these numbers?
    Mark
    PS My test. was 422, so I guess the HCG & clomid worked.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I would'nt be too concerned about the AST, ALT, or the bili. I don't suppose you have the GGT number, or possibly the CK? Are you planning on a follow up?

As far as the low HDL, walk the treadmill EOD

I'm looking at the report, there's a lot of stuff they analyzed, but I don't see anything that looks like GGT or CK. What are they, and should I go back to get them checked? Is there a generally accepted number above which I should start to worry about my liver #'s? Thanks for the input.
    Mark

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    bump

Oh, ****! I was hoping the hide my ignorance long enough to figure out contextually what the hell "bump" means....but now I have to ask......

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    It is just an empty post to keep the thread up near the top, and to quickly and easily subscribe so that when a new post appears on the thread, it shows up on your user control panel. One bumps a thread that is showing low traffic and risks being buried waaaayyy doooowwwwwnnnnn theeeerrrrrre but has great potential for bringing useful information to light.

I suspect some users of the board simply use it to up their post counts! Maybe posts should not count unless they are at least 5 words long?

One can bump the post without actually saying "bump". You could say almost anything as long as it is obvious what you were intending with your post. For instance, you wouldn't say "grapefruit" because someone else might argue "tangerine" and then you have an off topic discussion and the thread has been hijacked. OTOH you could say, "I am only replying to this post in order to keep it near the top for handy reference and attention in the near term future" and people would know you really just mean, "bump" and they would not dissect your statement and argue individual points, or cite studies that refute your assertations.

I bumped this thread because I am getting my blood test today!

Thread Information