johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Higher Test dose = Longer wait before PCT?

Hey bros, here's a quote that makes a lot of sense to me, by cut260

"Remember the only way to effectively go off when using a long acting ester such as Test E is to look at the half life. The comment about stopping the test E 14 days before the end of the cycle is way off when looking at how much you are using. Test E has a 15 day half life so if you are shooting 650mg per week then 15 days later you will still have 325mg and then 15 days after that approx 165mg etc. etc. So if you listened to the 14 day claim you would have not cut the test e soon enough and you would not have gone off cycle properly. Work backwards when planning on going off cycle. 14 days is way off. In fact with your amount of usage you should cut the Test E 5 weeks prior to ending your cycle and run Prop through to the last week.

Crap like time on is time off and an arbitrary 14 day waiting period is getting people into trouble medically. The ONLY way to go off cycle is to look at the half life of the ester being used. I am not trying to be hard on anyone because that has been the rubbish passed around by people who claim to be the experts, but if you study the esters and half lives all the pieces of the puzzle will come into place and you can really plan the cycles and off cycles safely and properly.

Best of luck to you"

This means if you're using a gram a week you really should wait at least four weeks rather than two before starting PCT -with a two week halflife, you'd still be at the level of 500mg/week 14 days after your last shot which is still, I assume, way to high to be starting PCT.

Good idea?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i was under the impression that the half life of enth is 7 days, and the active life is 14 days???

whitehulk is offline Banned
    wow buddy some of wht yu say is intelligent and some i dont know how to describe it. u should by no means wait for the test your taking to totally deminish fully befor you take pct. thats the reason for pct to stop your body from having that low test level in your body wheather its natural or synthetic liek roids. thats why you take it around 14 days after last shot. if you wait for it to go completely away thats how ppl loose their gains they made cause they have NO test in there system cause they started their pct to late and thatll mess u up badly. take the advice listed on this site in the stickies and don think to hard. i do i do agree a lil about waitn a lil longer qwith crazy amounts of test like 1 gram + per week, but by NO means should anyone wait 4-5 weeks after their last shot.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whitehulk
    wow buddy some of wht yu say is intelligent and some i dont know how to describe it. u should by no means wait for the test your taking to totally deminish fully befor you take pct. thats the reason for pct to stop your body from having that low test level in your body wheather its natural or synthetic liek roids. thats why you take it around 14 days after last shot. if you wait for it to go completely away thats how ppl loose their gains they made cause they have NO test in there system cause they started their pct to late and thatll mess u up badly. take the advice listed on this site in the stickies and don think to hard. i do i do agree a lil about waitn a lil longer qwith crazy amounts of test like 1 gram + per week, but by NO means should anyone wait 4-5 weeks after their last shot.
    First of all, he was not the one who said it. It was some other guy over in the steroid forum.

And the part about "dont think to hard" Stuff like that is what makes progress stagnit. There are advances in cycles all the time. True, what we have here is darn great and probably correct. All im saying, is dont fear looking for a better solution.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    All im saying, is dont fear looking for a better solution.
    i couldn't agree with you more. never turn a blind side to scientific progress

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that exogenous test levels should be allowed to fall to near or below normal levels before starting PCT to get the best results -as long as exogenous test is present at least above your natural levels it will inhibit recovery even if you start Clomid. Or so I've been informed.

Also it's my understanding that, as cut260 says, 14 or 15 days is "half life" not "actual life" so the time it takes to return to normal levels would then logically depend on the amount of dose, in which case four weeks may be about right if you've been using a gram a week.

It seems logical to me but I wonder if anyone else has some definitive feedback.
    Last edited by johnsomebody; 04-09-2005 at 08:31 PM.

haldy is offline Banned
    if your using a long acting ester should we also be looking at the fact that it is accumulative, being that you whole cycle with be a constant ramp up.

for example using a 1000mg of a drug that has a half life of 7 and we shoot it weekly
    week 1 1000mg
    week 2 1000mg+500mg of week 1
    week 3 1000mg+750mg of week 1 2
    week 4 1000mg+875mg of week 1 2 3

any way you can see what i'm saying

haldy is offline Banned
    any way so by the end of your cycle you may have 5000mg of active drug in your system with a 7 day half life. now how long does one need to wait to PCT? for this sole reason i opt for using fast acting gear.

haldy is offline Banned
    anyone else got any thoughts on this

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haldy
    if your using a long acting ester should we also be looking at the fact that it is accumulative, being that you whole cycle with be a constant ramp up.
    shooting 1000mg per week:
    week 1
    week 2 500mg
    week 3 250mg + 500mg
    week 4 125mg + 250mg + 500mg
    week 5 62mg + 125mg + 250mg + 500mg
    week 6 31mg + 62mg + 125mg + 250mg + 500mg
    week 7 15mg + 31mg + 62mg + 125mg + 250mg + 500mg
    week 8 + 15mg + 31mg + 62mg + 125mg + 250mg + 500mg
    ETC......................

this is how i see it...maybe a ramp up but then it evens out. That's why some frontload to get the constant levels sooner. Just my thought. i'm goin to bed

CrispyHaole is offline Associate Member
    This mathmatical hole gets deeper gentlemen, think about these variables (added to the two aformentioned [one of which can be neatly solved by frontloading]):

#1 Sure, your quaint little bottle of QV Enantat 250 says 250mg/ml on the label but unless you test each and every bottle, you really think 250 is the exact content?

#2 Unless all you use is Test suspension, the actaul amount of test u get in your body will vary from ester to ester. Using Test E as an example again, 500mg/week is actually 360mg of test in your body (72/100mg of actual test, 28 of oil/alcohol.

#3 Let's not forget the little .2 cc "black hole" at the end of pinz that leads to all the questions like "why does my 10ml bottle only net me 9 1cc shots?"

Any1 on this board wanna actually do the calculations every cycle they do? I sure as hell don't.

Here's something I've found helpful, though it confuses some people...
    http://www*****e.to/roidcalc

Thread Information