Knight1811 is offline Associate Member

Tribulus Question

I know most folks are recommending Trib at 4 to 5 grams a day. But, what standariation are you referring to at 4 to 5 grams? Meaning....if the Trib is 40% at 500 mgs....then how many pills at 500 mgs at 40% standarized will I need? From my viewpoint I am thinking I will need 40% X 500 = 200mgs of actual trib thus I need 4000/200 = 20 pills. Is that accurate or do I simply need 4000/500 = 8 pills...regardless of the standarized portion?

thanks,

Knight1811

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    mine are 625 mgs, 40% saponins,i take 4 pills twice a day=5 g's

marlin444 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    mine are 625 mgs, 40% saponins,i take 4 pills twice a day=5 g's
    how does that work for you

toc67guru is offline Associate Member
    i posted this on the supplement forum to a similar post:-

(quote)"i have used twinlabs tribulus extreme,sopharma's tribestan and thermolife's tribosten.

all contain min 20 %protodioscin saponin,this is the specific saponin shown to raise LH levels.

i would recommend any of these and was recently told that nutrex's vitrex also contained 20% protodioscin although i have not tried this personally.

many companies claim a high furostanol or steroidal saponin % but are reluctant to state the protodioscin %.

these trib supps are more expensive as they are a concentrated extract not raw herb which many companies push and imo a waste of money."

i use the recomended dosage of 2 (250mg tabs) 3 times per day.it can be reduced to 1 tab 3 times per day although i stick to the higher dose during pct.

Thread Information