Cordoba is offline Junior Member

Hormone Test Results

After a long 5 month cycle I decided to come off cycles using femera, clen , and kynoselen. I used the femera throughout the cycle and tapered it down for one month post cycle, I started the clen directly post cycle and ran it for two weeks, I aso ran the kyno for two weeks. Three months post cycle I tested my hormones using a saliva test. My results were as follows:

Testosterone 8am 312 pmol/L
    Male Normal Range is 100 - 370 pmol/L

Estradiol 8am 3.09 pmol/L
    Female Normal Range is 5.50 -13.20 pmol/L
    I am unsure of the male normal but I scored below the female normal so thats a good sign.

Progesterone 492 pmol/L
    Female Normal Range is 259-979 pmol/L
    I am also unsure of the male normal but I am within the female normal range which probably is not a good thing.

I am very pleased that my testosterone is on the high end of the normal range according to their scale. I am alittle worried about the Progesterone, if it is infact above the normal range what type of negative impact could it have on a male?

Slic4788 is offline Associate Member
    High Progesterone can cause gyno and lactate. But I'm sorta surprised they didn't give you your ref. ranges? Every test comes with your own range, you should ask for one.

I found the ranges for males:
    Estradiol 2.80 - 8.80 pmol/L
    Progesterone 24 -104 pmol/L

So my estradiol is perfect but my progesterone is sky high. I have had gyno in the past, but on this last cycle I did not have any symptoms and I took the test 3 months after my last injection. As far as I could tell I felt fine at that point, it might have been nice to have a little more energy but I dont know what side effects elevated progesterone has besides possible gyno.
    Last edited by Cordoba; 07-31-2005 at 06:09 PM.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Were you taking deca or tren on that cycle?

yes I did take tren , do you think this would explain my extremely elivated progesterone 3 months later?
    Last edited by Cordoba; 07-31-2005 at 07:14 PM.

Syr
    Syr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordoba
    yes I did take tren, do you think this would explain my extremely elivated progesterone 3 months later?
    Yes, expecially if the cycle was long (like 8 weeks).
    It would be useful to see also your prolactin levels. If they are high you could take cabergoline. Without knowing that I can only suggest RU-486, if u can find it.

I used tren and never felt any sore nips or anything for many months after my cycle.

Never the less, i definatly ended up with some gyno from it.

Never did lactate though, so I am unsure if it was Progesterone.

I'm not sure if you can do anything to lower the Progesterone levels, but I would look into Bromo if I were you.

Will bromo or cabergoline lower progesterone, I know they were ment to lower prolactin, it seemed to me like they will also lower progesterone but I was unsure. Does anyone know of a inexpensive test that I can take to measure my prolactin?

I just read a very intresting artical on a drug call mifepristone also known as RU 486.

It is a early pregnancy (49 days or less) form of abortion. It basicly causes a miscarage because it blocks the bodys progestrone receptors.

Here is a little link for it:
    http://www.earlyoptions.org/mifepristone.html

I read allot about it aswell but the only problem is it is very expensive, I dont know of any cheap way of obtaining it. I am going to check my levels again in acouple months. Hopefully the progesterone problem will be taken care of by then.

digerati is offline Junior Member
    Where did you order the test from? Was it costly?
    I am thinking about getting mine checked soon. I may just go get a blood test done.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I've read more than one place that saliva tests aren't very reliable. Anybody else hear that? I don't like to schill products but I order tests from healthcheckusa.com -the test levels check is $60 or so. You can pick your clinic for the blood draw.

You can do a search in google for saliva test and get allot of companies that sell them. It was something like $65 for all three tests.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    I've read more than one place that saliva tests aren't very reliable. Anybody else hear that? I don't like to schill products but I order tests from healthcheckusa.com -the test levels check is $60 or so. You can pick your clinic for the blood draw.
    I can not say for certain what the accuracy of the test is but I am happy with a ball park figure to know that my test levels are returning. I actually used a female test because it had testosterone , estradiol, and progesterone. The test showed me way out of the female range and on the high end of the male range so it makes me feel good. I've read that the saliva test is highly accurate but this of course was on a saliva testing web site.

bodyfat is offline New Member

Wellness Guru

You have to be careful of a high progesterone value.

Progesterone is an anti-inflamatory hormone that usually denotes some inflation in the male body, usually, the prostate.

My question to you would be; are you waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom for starters. It is estimated by the Association of Urology that over 50% of men that wake and piss at night to break a minimum 4.5 to 6 hour sleep cycle have prostate cancer risk that is 100 times more than normal.

What's the verdict?

BigAJ is offline New Member
    woah dam i always wake up and need to piss after about 4-6 hours of sleep?
    thats a scary thing to know... how can i fix this ?

Titan1 is offline Member
    You cant get gyno from progesterone thats a bodybuilding myth ask a doctor there is no such thing as progesterone gyno to get gyno estrogen must always be present

Thread Information