jssmc is offline Associate Member

Unhappy High estrogen at the doctor...please help?

Ok, so here is the long story short. I went into an anti-aging doctor about two months ago with complaints of how I am losing, strength, energy, sex drive, and gaining fat more easily. He administered some hormonal tests on me and when I came back in he determined my Free Androgen Index was .61. Normal for my age at 23 is .70 and above. He also then realized that we should have done the test in the morning due to the spike in levels that men my age receive and so the test was done at 8:30am or so instead of 1pm. I got the results back yesterday and they were interesting to say the least. My test levels were fine with my free androgen index at 1.10. My problem lied in my estrone levels. My estrdiol was at 55.0 which he said was fine but my estrone was at 112.0 and he said that should be down around 30. He presrcibed me arimidex 1mg and told me to pick up some DIM at the health food store. He said that arimidex would not be covered by my insurance so to save money, only take 3 pills/week. In the meantime and after all the testing had been performed, I went on 100mg/wk of test cypionate . From these low levels I have got some bounce back, sex drive, and I can make it through my gym work outs feeling strong. He told me the estrone is negating the efficient use of test and that we need to lower it because right now I feel like I have low test because of the estrogen. What would you folks do? Should I do 1mg/day instead because that is what the bottle says...the 1st 30 pill sample was free. I feel like staying on the test for now because I am feeling ok again. Suggestions, comments, experience. He told me I have the estrogen levels of a healthy young female and that bothered me.

Thanks guys and gals,

Jssmc

dale is offline Associate Member
    my arimidex was covered by insurance, only paid $25. i was prescribed 400mg of test though and 200mg of deca . now i'm depressed that my cycle is over and can't wait to start another.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    take only .5 mg ED (that should save you some cash)+....a 1mg dosage ED is not going to lower your estrogen any more then a .5 dose will, only raise your test a bit.. .. your doctor should know this..!!!

My question is why is the Test hes giving you such a low dose, 100mg EW of test cyp.?

~dv~

He was going to prescribe me the hormones until the second test came back and he thinks the answer is to take DIM and Arimidex and not use any test. I went on the test just to see how my body would react and to get me going again. If it was going to be a long term thing I wanted to take a low dose to minimize side effects and in an effort to not have a shutdown of my own natural production. He told me I could stay on the test if I wanted to but he thinks the DIM and Arimidex would take care of my problems. What do you think? I will cut it back to .5/day...thanks for that. Will the arimidex fix the problem? Will it be long term drug I will need to take? Any other suggestions or comments? I am open to new opinions.

Thanks for your replies,

Jssmc

you can get arimidex from ar-r cheep

Thanks for that! Should the arimidex straighten me out? Will this be a long term thing or will only the blood work tell? Any other suggestions?

Jssmc

speak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jssmc
    Thanks for that! Should the arimidex straighten me out? Will this be a long term thing or will only the blood work tell? Any other suggestions?

Jssmc
    I'm no Dr, but I would not see the arimidex fixing whatever your problem is. It will keep the levels down while on, but whatever is making them go up is where the problem is, and this will continue when off.

What does the doc say is raising the levels? Don't you need high test levels to get high estrogen levels? From wht I understand the males body can't make estrogen without converting it from test - unlike a female.

He said he was not sure about what the cause was. He said that it is a rare case that he is now seeing more of in young males. When they took the blood work I was not taking anything and hadn't for years so my test levels were natural. A guy at healthfood store said he had read a study that the hormones in our meats can cause similar problems. The doctor said he is curious to find out so that a solution can be created. He is going to a conference on related issues and the forefront in this research will be there. He is going to question some of the more knowledgable doctors(in regards to this condition) on this subject.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing it?

Thanks,

Jason

Thread Information