Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member

AAS and HPTA Suppression

All AAS that we normally use, that do what we want them to do in the doses we like to take (even low ones) WILL to some degree shut you down. Maybe 10%, maybe 100%. A single shot of Deca can shut you down completely for a few weeks or more. Even anavar when taken in doses that are effective can be suppressive. Ones genetics play a role. Some people dont do any PCT, and recover fine off mild cycles. Some ppl dont get gyno, or bloat much. Some get acne while on cycle, some in PCT (like me, dammit ). My point is, everyone is different. Everyone has different needs while on cycle, ranging from no anti-e at all, to blockers and anti-aromatase, to HCG . Some dont need them on cycle, some do. Most use them for PCT only, some use them for both cycling and PCT. Different doses are generally used for cycling and PCT of the same drug. For example, one may take 10mg ED of nolva while cycle to help with their gyno sensetivity. In PCT, 20mg ED with HCG (and continued for a few weeks after HCG is done) is quite common. Higher AAS doses and/or longer cycles (+12 weeks) are more likely to cause shutdown and testicular atrophy than short, lighter dosed ones. The bottom line is this : if your on a heavy cycle for a long time, you likely need HCG. Take it however you choose, as there are 2 main schools of thought that I wont cover here. If your gyno or bloat sensetive, you may cycle with 10mg Nolva ED and/or .25mg Ldex ED. If your cycling light for a shorter time, you may need nothing at all, as natural recovery may just be quick enough to avoid a crash. I recommend all cycles include at least a 4 week PCT with 20mg Nolva ED. Again, some may not even need it. Heavier cycles run longer may likely need HCG to bring back testicles to full functioning size, Nolva to help bring back natty test, and/or an AI (like aromasin at 20mg ED) to help reduce estrogen in the blood. There are 3 main areas one has to look at to decide what type of ON CYCLE/PCT drugs they would need :

1) Your genetic predisposition to gyno, bloat, acne or whatever side you may have trouble with

2) Your goals. Are you bulking or cutting?

3) Your cycle. The type/dose of AAS you take and for how long will affect the degree of shutdown you will experience.

It is not wise to use blanket statements for all ppl to follow when it comes to cycling and PCT hormone control. Everyone is different, they use different cycles and have different goals. Only when you have determined your genetics, goals, and cycle can you properly tailor your cycle and PCT regimen for estrogen, cortisol, progesterone and testosterone manipulation. As always, i am open to suggestion on any or all of my points.

~DB~

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Another nice post Drummer!!!

~Pinnacle~

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    thnx

Thread Information