Papi93 is offline AR VET

Tribulus for PCT - 4 or 8g?

For PCT is generally recommended that you use 4g. Products like Vitrex contain 20% protodioscin content. I believe Optimum Nutrition does not even give a protodioscin content on their label. Vitrex contains 80% saponins as where Optimum Nutrition contains only 40% saponins. Based off of these numbers is 4g applied to Vitrex as well? Thanks!

little-one is offline Associate Member
    and to further your question.........vitrex says to take six a day. it also says that is 1000 mg. Im confused as to what the dose is.
    Is one capsule 1000mg? or is their standard dose of six caps 1000mg?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Bump.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by little-one
    and to further your question.........vitrex says to take six a day. it also says that is 1000 mg. Im confused as to what the dose is.
    Is one capsule 1000mg? or is their standard dose of six caps 1000mg?
    Six capsules = 1000mg (or 1g) of their tribulus.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Well, for an update, I went with 8g of Optimum Nutritions tribulus. Took my first 8g today and we'll see how it goes.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I've been taking the 8g and it has given me some gyno. I going to take the dosage back down to 4g a day. Too much estrogen buildup.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I've been taking the 8g and it has given me some gyno. I going to take the dosage back down to 4g a day. Too much estrogen buildup.
    Does tribulis increase estrogen???

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Does tribulis increase estrogen???
    I did some more research and now share the same opinion as Ntpadude. This what Ntpadude had to say about it:
    The thing with tribulus is the scientific studies have shown it works something like the way echinachia does when boosting your immunity to fight a cold. You get a temporary boost that peaks out in 10 days, after that the boost drops back to baseline. There is also evidence that tribulus also substantially boosts production of aromatase emzyme which results in increased estrogen production. The reason for the 10 day boost then drop back in testosterone production is probably the estrogen it generates begins to inhibit testosterone production. It seems to me, taking tribulus during a cycle without an aromatase inhibitor could be disasterous or dangerous for those prone to gyno. For that matter I used to take tribex during cycles and had itchy sensative nipples which kept me taking nolvadex . Since I dropped the tribulus, I noticed I can do cycles and not need to take any anti-e's at all. In otherwords, in my opinion, the tribulus had no effect on ball regrowth and it actually made me take a lot of nolva that I otherwise did not need to take, etc.

I did some more research and now share the same opinion as Ntpadude. This what Ntpadude had to say about it:
    The thing with tribulus is the scientific studies have shown it works something like the way echinachia does when boosting your immunity to fight a cold. You get a temporary boost that peaks out in 10 days, after that the boost drops back to baseline. There is also evidence that tribulus also substantially boosts production of aromatase emzyme which results in increased estrogen production. The reason for the 10 day boost then drop back in testosterone production is probably the estrogen it generates begins to inhibit testosterone production. It seems to me, taking tribulus during a cycle without an aromatase inhibitor could be disasterous or dangerous for those prone to gyno. For that matter I used to take tribex during cycles and had itchy sensative nipples which kept me taking nolvadex. Since I dropped the tribulus, I noticed I can do cycles and not need to take any anti-e's at all. In otherwords, in my opinion, the tribulus had no effect on ball regrowth and it actually made me take a lot of nolva that I otherwise did not need to take, etc.
    Thanks!

What do you think about using tribulis in pct with clomid and proviron ? (There would be impossible for estrogen to increase here)

Does tribulis have any real benefits then?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Thanks!

What do you think about using tribulis in pct with clomid and proviron ? (There would be impossible for estrogen to increase here)

Does tribulis have any real benefits then?
    I agree but I think tongkat ali might be a better option. Check this out.

This is what Bryan2 had to say on tongkat ali and tribulus:

Tongat actually has clinical research behind it showing raises in test levels both total and free.

mainly by reducing SHBG to raise free test

tribulus on the other hand has no studies that I can find showing any significant raise in test levels.

But this is mainly due to the fact that they do NOT mega dose like we do in the studies.

Ive seen one study that shows a slight raise in total test levels from trib but the effects only lasted around 45 mins.

and free test was unaffected.
    Last edited by Papi93; 01-23-2006 at 12:58 PM.

I agree but I think tongkat ali might be a better option. Check this out.

This is what Bryan2 had to say on tongkat ali and tribulus:

Tongat actually has clinical research behind it showing raises in test levels both total and free.

mainly by reducing SHBG to raise free test

tribulus on the other hand has no studies that I can find showing any significant raise in test levels.

But this is mainly due to the fact that they do NOT mega dose like we do in the studies.

Ive seen one study that shows a slight raise in total test levels from trib but the effects only lasted around 45 mins.

and free test was unaffected.
    Thanks again! Last question:

Where can you get tongkat ali? (Ive had it one time when I bought it from a random guy at the gym, so I know it works really well.)

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Thanks again! Last question:

Where can you get tongkat ali? (Ive had it one time when I bought it from a random guy at the gym, so I know it works really well.)
    I got my Redkat from t - nation . com, at the Biotest store. 72 capsules for $20.

Bryan2 recommends something like custom nutrition warehouse . com.

Thread Information