graeme87 is offline Member

Nolva dose not work for PCT!!!

This is for all the guys who use nolva for pct. It’s from the steroid profile section on www.steroid.com

"A rarely observed but welcome characteristic of Nolvadex is that it has a direct influence on the hypothalamus and thus, by an in-creased release of gonadotropine, it stimulates the testosterone pro-duction in the testes. This does not result in a tremendous but still a measurable increase of the body's own testosterone. This effect, however, is not sufficient to significantly increase the testosterone production reduced by anabolic /androgenic steroids ."

what are your thoughts on this? It is becoming more and more popular to use nolva only for pct but according to this that would not be a good idea. What do you think?

Tamoxifen does the trick...there was alab tech at amabolicminds.com who did he blood work 2 time a week on our tamoxifen for his PCt ......the test were pretty cool ..his user name is supersoldier go do a search ....tamoxifen works well.

mrchicken122 is offline New Member
    I ended my cycle 2 months ago and if i took nova now would it do anything at all to help reduce my chest?

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    I am taking Nolva from Lion and just got my blood test back last friday. I am only taking 10mg/day and my estrogen level is very low and loving the results. Lion you guys are great.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme87
    This is for all the guys who use nolva for pct. It’s from the steroid profile section on www.steroid.com

"A rarely observed but welcome characteristic of Nolvadex is that it has a direct influence on the hypothalamus and thus, by an in-creased release of gonadotropine, it stimulates the testosterone pro-duction in the testes. This does not result in a tremendous but still a measurable increase of the body's own testosterone. This effect, however, is not sufficient to significantly increase the testosterone production reduced by anabolic /androgenic steroids ."

what are your thoughts on this? It is becoming more and more popular to use nolva only for pct but according to this that would not be a good idea. What do you think?
    If you read the paragraph it states this it will increase test production in the testes........... so yes it will restore HPTA functions back to normal.

This is why I use both Clomid and Nolva to help get me back up faster....

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I believe that it is reffering to while still on anabolic steroids .

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    I believe that it is reffering to while still on anabolic steroids.
    I don't think it is

mamias20918756 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    If you read the paragraph it states this it will increase test production in the testes........... so yes it will restore HPTA functions back to normal.

This is why I use both Clomid and Nolva to help get me back up faster....
    In what dosage should nolva and clomid be taken while on pct??

Quote Originally Posted by mamias20918756
    In what dosage should nolva and clomid be taken while on pct??
    There are a ton of post that state what amounts should be ran for the drugs to help restore HPTA functions.........

But here it goes again........ PCT should be ran a minimum of 30 days more on harder cycles or if the user feels that the 30 days didn't recover them fully.

Day 1 - 30 100mg Clomid / 20mg Nolva / .25mg L-dex

graeme87 is offline Member
    so what about nolva only for PCT? it says it does increase natural test production but not enough to recover from a cycle. so that would imply that nolva only would not work for PCT? i think nolva is a good product, good for keeping estrogen low but by it's self not able to restore natural test levels.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    so what about nolva only for PCT? it says it does increase natural test production but not enough to recover from a cycle. so that would imply that nolva only would not work for PCT? i think nolva is a good product, good for keeping estrogen low but by it's self not able to restore natural test levels.
    nolva doesn't keep estrogen "low"....it just prevents it from binding to the ERs.......nolva only is sufficient, however it takes longer (week or 2) than say clomid/nolva. Check out Pheedno's PCT thread (very good read).......i think its best for a clomid/nolva combo for PCT.

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member

This is really only an issue if you're taking nolva while on a cycle. Nolva causes the hypothalamus to increase it's output of GnRH which tells the pituitary to produce LH and FSH which cause your testes to produce testosterone and sperm respectively. However if you're on a cycle, the AAS are giving a much stronger negative feedback to the pituitary, and so the amount of natural test still being produced is minimal. After a cycle, it's a different story.

Thread Information