Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Clomid Question

  1. #1
    1bmf is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    66

    Clomid Question

    I read on another thread that instead of taking 100mg Clomid and 20mg Nolva ED, you can take 60mg Nolva. I am dreading Clomid as I am already acne-prone and I don't want to deal with the emotional rollercoasters. Is the 60mg Nolva with .25mg L-Dex as effective as taking 100mg Clomid, 20mg Clomid and .25mg L-Dex? I want my PCT to go as smooth as possible but I also want to do it right. I am going to be doing a 30 day Halodrol cycle and then later I am going to do a 10 week Test E cycle (may add Halo for the first 30 days, haven't decided yet). Any and all suggestions/opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by 1bmf; 01-02-2006 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bmf
    I read on another thread that instead of taking 100mg Clomid and 20mg Nolva ED, you can take 60mg Nolva. I am dreading Clomid as I am already acne-prone and I don't want to deal with the emotional rollercoasters. Is the 60mg Nolva with .25mg L-Dex as effective as taking 100mg Clomid, 20mg Clomid and .25mg L-Dex? I want my PCT to go as smooth as possible but I also want to do it right. I am going to be doing a 30 day Halodrol cycle and then later I am going to do a 10 week Test E cycle (may add Halo for the first 30 days, haven't decided yet). Any and all suggestions/opinions would be appreciated.
    In the profiles section, the author says that Nolva at 60mg is superior to 100mg of Clomid. If this is true, then 60mg of Nolva with 0.25mg of Arimidex should work out well for a PCT.

  3. #3
    ROBOCOP's Avatar
    ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South West. England
    Posts
    685
    Im currently taking 100mg clomid ED + 20mg of nolva. My vision aint great and im an emotional wreck. If the info in the profiles section is accurate then id go with papi93 suggestion. I have already decided that my next pct will probably be nolva @ 60mg ED and arimidex @ 0.25mg ED, so if you are concerned re acne and the emotional rollercoaster then you should consider it also.

  4. #4
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOCOP
    Im currently taking 100mg clomid ED + 20mg of nolva. My vision aint great and im an emotional wreck. If the info in the profiles section is accurate then id go with papi93 suggestion. I have already decided that my next pct will probably be nolva @ 60mg ED and arimidex @ 0.25mg ED, so if you are concerned re acne and the emotional rollercoaster then you should consider it also.
    I used 100mg clomid, 20mg nolva, and 0.25mg arimidex for my last PCT. If you run the nolva and arimidex PCT, can you tell me if you still break out. I did on my last PCT. Some members say it is your hormone levels returning to normal. Well...if you don't break out on the nolva and arimidex PCT then that throws a monkey wrench in their theory.

  5. #5
    ROBOCOP's Avatar
    ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South West. England
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I used 100mg clomid, 20mg nolva, and 0.25mg arimidex for my last PCT. If you run the nolva and arimidex PCT, can you tell me if you still break out. I did on my last PCT. Some members say it is your hormone levels returning to normal. Well...if you don't break out on the nolva and arimidex PCT then that throws a monkey wrench in their theory.
    I agree that the breakout has alot to do with hormone levels returning to normal, but almost definitley it is the contents of your cycle that has a major effect. Some are more prone to acne with use of steroids particularly if the user suffered with acne in earlier life. Remember that acne is 95% hereditory, so if your family suffered without the gear, then rest assured it'll happen to you. I havent had a problem with acne on clomid, just vision and emotion. Cant comment on nolva and arimidex as i havent run a pct on this combo before. I just look at it as a means to an end. The results far outway the temporary problem of acne. When on a cycle i increase water intake dramatically and this will certainly help. Also, considering treatment available is a god send. Get the doc to prescribe accutane as its the most effective solution available. Not sure if this helps but heres hoping.

  6. #6
    Papi93's Avatar
    Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,336
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBOCOP
    I agree that the breakout has alot to do with hormone levels returning to normal, but almost definitley it is the contents of your cycle that has a major effect. Some are more prone to acne with use of steroids particularly if the user suffered with acne in earlier life. Remember that acne is 95% hereditory, so if your family suffered without the gear, then rest assured it'll happen to you. I havent had a problem with acne on clomid, just vision and emotion. Cant comment on nolva and arimidex as i havent run a pct on this combo before. I just look at it as a means to an end. The results far outway the temporary problem of acne. When on a cycle i increase water intake dramatically and this will certainly help. Also, considering treatment available is a god send. Get the doc to prescribe accutane as its the most effective solution available. Not sure if this helps but heres hoping.
    I agree with what you are saying. Do you think by having a nolva and arimidex PCT, the acne will not be as bad as if it is run with clomid? I know that you haven't tried this but could you PM me when you have completed your new PCT?

  7. #7
    ROBOCOP's Avatar
    ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South West. England
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    I agree with what you are saying. Do you think by having a nolva and arimidex PCT, the acne will not be as bad as if it is run with clomid? I know that you haven't tried this but could you PM me when you have completed your new PCT?
    I would say it depends on how much arimidex you take. If you run at 60mg nolva and 0.50mg arimidex then i would suggest that youll get a breakout, cos the test levels are heightened at this dose. it may even be worse than with clomid, i dont know. My next pct will run sometime in april/may time so i guess i wont be much help for the here and now. Ill gladly PM you with the results though.

  8. #8
    1bmf is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    66
    Well after reading this I will probably run the 60mg nolva and .25mg l-dex and I will let you know if I broke out from it. I am also planning on running .5mg of l-dex after pct per Bryan2's suggestion so I will keep you updated. I should be starting PCT in a little over a month. I don't want to go the accutane route because that can screw with you mentally and get you depressed. I am thinking about keeping a log for the halodrol cycle since this board doesn't have any halo logs and if I do I will document all that stuff. Thanks for the advice.

  9. #9
    ROBOCOP's Avatar
    ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South West. England
    Posts
    685
    Sounds good to me bro.

  10. #10
    ROBOCOP's Avatar
    ROBOCOP is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    South West. England
    Posts
    685
    I dont think that youll have as much of a breakout at .25mg of arimidex with nolva as you think. I could be wrong though cos we all react differently. I agree with the sides of taking accutane, but hopefully you wont be needing it anyway! Keep us posted

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •