Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member

William Llewellyn view on PCT????

I have anabolics 2005 and I was going through it and noticed how he suggests how to run pct. He says to use HCG with clomid and nolva for about 3 wks then just continue to use the clomid and nolva the rest of the way out. Now I know I've heard it before from people not to use hcg with your PCT, and to only use it mid cycle. Can someone explain why I shouldn't use hcg for my pct because everything that Llewellyn explains about PCT makes sense to me so I was going to try his way of PCT. Thanks guys

Caz84 is offline Junior Member
    This is because, during a cycle, as you are injecting exogenous testosterone , your body stops releasing LH and your testes are not stimulated to produce their own testosterone. Hence after a cycle, you want your body to resume releasing LH so that your testes will produce testosterone again.

All HCG does is mimic LH so that your testes produce testosterone, thus deffering the ultimate goal of having your body produce it without outside stimulation.

And so we only tend to use HCG through a cycle to keep the LH receptors stimulated, as to not get desensitized to LH, so that post cycle, LH can kick back in and your body will produce its own test again.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    From what I have read it has been stated that the hard part of PCt is not having the LH being released it is the combination of LH being released and your testes responding to it. HCG can be administered at a greater dose then LH would be released and in turn your testes receive more stimulation to get back in the groove. Nolva blocks the conversion to (something 17xx can't remember) which can desensitize the leydig cells to LH. I have used HCG with Nolva during PCT for 20 days @ 500IU a day then continued on wiht Nolvas for another 15 days. this worked out really well and there was less of an emotional rollercoaster than with clomid based PCT

Ironmanjay is offline Associate Member
    Any body else.... Mods???

Caz84 is offline Junior Member
    Exactly, the hard part of pct is having your desensitized testes respond to LH, precisely why I use HCG during a cycle to prevent desensitization of the LH receptors.

And if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't injecting an exogenous compound to mimic LH quite possibly signal to the pituitary gland to stop releasing LH? Just in the same way injecting exogenous testosterone most certainly does. Which is why injecting HCG post cycle, although effective in having your body producing testosterone and hence keeping gains, just prolongs the ultimate goal of having your body produce testosterone with outside stimulation.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz84
    Exactly, the hard part of pct is having your desensitized testes respond to LH, precisely why I use HCG during a cycle to prevent desensitization of the LH receptors.

And if I'm not mistaken, wouldn't injecting an exogenous compound to mimic LH quite possibly signal to the pituitary gland to stop releasing LH? Just in the same way injecting exogenous testosterone most certainly does. Which is why injecting HCG post cycle, although effective in having your body producing testosterone and hence keeping gains, just prolongs the ultimate goal of having your body produce testosterone with outside stimulation.

Yes it will keep your pituitary from releasing LH but the pituitary catches on quickly. That is why in PCT they say to extend the Nolva 10 or more days. And like the standard rule of PCT is to keep going until your sex drive returns. This may be longer than 10 days.
    I'm pretty sure using HCG throughout the cycle and near the end would accomplish the same thing as using it in PCT since all your using it for is to wake up the boys. Nolva/clomid are the ones doing the real work.

Thread Information