eduness is offline New Member

Creatine Kinase really high!!

Well first of all sorry if I mistake doing here that question. Since itīs my first time here I didnīt know where to place it.

Iīve been training now for 6 years and iīve been on "as" for maybe 4 or 5 times. Allways checking my blood profile...

The problem is that this time the creatine kinase is quite high 314 and the maximum is 195. Last time on as was on june 05. Please somebody cann tell me about it?is that normal. Iīve been reading that this can cause heart deseases....Iīm pretty scared. Anyone know something??

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    This is what I found with Google. What is the Doctor telling you he is going to do about it

A high CK, or one that goes up from the first to the second or later samples, generally indicates that there has been some damage to the heart or other muscles. It can also indicate that your muscles have experienced heavy use. If your doctor suspects a heart attack and your CK is high, she will usually order a more specific test (troponin or CK-MB) to see if your heart is damaged.
    [Back to top]

Is there anything else I should know?
    People who have greater muscle mass have higher CK levels than those who don’t, and African-Americans may have higher CK levels than other ethnic groups. Very heavy exercise (such as in weight lifting, contact sports, or long exercise sessions) can also increase CK.

Other forms of muscle damage, such as from a fall, a car accident, surgery, or a shot, can also increase CK. Several drugs can increase CK levels. Drinking too much alcohol slightly increases CK. Rarely, some drugs, particularly cholesterol-lowering drugs (statins), can damage muscle and increase CK. If you are taking one of these drugs, let your doctor know if you experience any muscle pain or weakness. Early pregnancy can decrease CK levels.

Thank you Kale.
    The doctor said don´t train and stop doing diet...you know...Althought he told that he didn´t ask me to do another specific test. Weird isn´t it?¿.

I explain you more things. 5 days before I sprained my ankle with the bicycle (quite hard ).I don´t know the word in english but I had to stay at home for 2 weeks and still now (week 3) it hurts...

The doctor told me to do another test in two months I don´t know what to do.....

I forget !!! I weight normaly 115 kg ( 230 lbs). Now I´m cutting ( no as!!) and I weight 103 kg ( 206 lbs aprox). I don´t want to look like superb but my training is really hard. this can affect??
    ??¿........

Yes according to what I posted both injury and heavy weight training can cause an increase in CK. Why did he test for this ? Is it part of the Kidney Profile in the blood Test ? Do you have a copy of the blood test ? I just checked some of my old blood tests and Creatinine is there but nothing about Creatine Kinase unless they are the same thing.

Well now I understand. This test was proposed for last year. I went out of my town and i didn´t do it. Now i find it at home and I decided to do it. The point is that i had some kind of injury at my shoulder for two years and the doc wanted to knwo if it was because oof my muscle structure. For that reason now I realize he would add Creatine kinase to my test. Well that´s what I conclude becouse in former test, (that i remember he din´t check Creatine kinase. As you say allways creatinine...Here i attach the results.Would you tell me please what you think?

By the way how can I attach them??

results

here you are the results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1130 
Size:	530.7 KB 
ID:	62827

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	2648 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	62828

Everything looks great except that one test. The Doctor should know that CK can be elevated by injury or heavy workout. What is he telling you he thinks it is ? And what course of action is he going to take to investiagte further. Telling you to stop working out and eating is just plain rediculous unless he is sure that is the absolute cause.

He told me so. Not training and rest. bulls****!!!He also told me to show it to me personal trainer. I saw him yesterday and says the same thing you say.

Thank you kale you help me a lot!!

No problem mate, good luck !!!

Thread Information