Thread: Sterile??

bmz412 is offline New Member

Unhappy Sterile??

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. Recently had a semen analysis done, and it came back 0! He was taking prohormones for about a year and every now and then he'd do some injectables when he'd come across it from a friend. He stopped taking everything in June. He had his testosterone tested in early July and his Total Test was 91. Then, we recently saw a urologist and now my husbands Total Test is 41, his LH is 0 and his FSH is 0.3 and prolactin was 6.8 (the only normal thing). He did not do an PCT after he stopped. DUMB, I know. Since we got the test results of zero sperm back, he has been taking 1000 IU's of HCG every third day and he took 100mg Clomid the first week and now he's taking 50mg. He has been taking this things for two weeks now. Any ideas on how long he should take these things...? I was thinking 3 weeks HCG and 4-6 weeks Clomid?? His test levels are sooo low, I'm worried that he has done irreversible damage??? Oh yeah, and we do have a 20month old child and he also has another child from a previous marriage, so I know he was once fertile. I'm so upset right now! I really need some advise!!!!!!!

FortKnox36 is offline Associate Member

Thanks! Yeah, I've read his advise for PCT. I was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience with trying to conceive after the cessation of steroids and having a zero sperm count. I would love to hear someone say that their count went back to normal, and it didn't take FOREVER...?! I know everyone has their own opinions of which treatments work best... I want to know what has actually WORKED for a guy trying to get his girl preggo!

Quote Originally Posted by bmz412
    Thanks! Yeah, I've read his advise for PCT. I was hoping to hear from someone with first hand experience with trying to conceive after the cessation of steroids and having a zero sperm count. I would love to hear someone say that their count went back to normal, and it didn't take FOREVER...?! I know everyone has their own opinions of which treatments work best... I want to know what has actually WORKED for a guy trying to get his girl preggo!
    Im dont start PCT till another 5 weeks...so I can't give you first hnd experience...however, you might want to get checked out as well....I am sure with his zero sperm count thats the problem, but it couldnt hurt to make sure everything is workin fine with you. Sorry I couldnt help anymore...good luck!

C

Thanks, I appreciate you responding! I'm sort of going crazy here! Yeah, I was tested before we got his sperm tested. My OB said that everything was fine with me and that's what prompted us to get the semen analysis. I'm sure that once/if his HPTA gets back to normal, we will conceive fairly quickly. I'm still in my mid-twenties. I'm just worried that he may not get back to normal. His hormone levels are pretty bad two months out from stopping.

Thanks, I appreciate you responding! I'm sort of going crazy here! Yeah, I was tested before we got his sperm tested. My OB said that everything was fine with me and that's what prompted us to get the semen analysis. I'm sure that once/if his HPTA gets back to normal, we will conceive fairly quickly. I'm still in my mid-twenties. I'm just worried that he may not get back to normal. His hormone levels are pretty bad two months out from stopping.
    Wwell all I can say is patience....PCT should do its job..I hope it works out for ya! Hang in there!

x_moe is offline Anabolic Member
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 8 months now. Recently had a semen analysis done, and it came back 0! He was taking prohormones for about a year and every now and then he'd do some injectables when he'd come across it from a friend. He stopped taking everything in June. He had his testosterone tested in early July and his Total Test was 91. Then, we recently saw a urologist and now my husbands Total Test is 41, his LH is 0 and his FSH is 0.3 and prolactin was 6.8 (the only normal thing). He did not do an PCT after he stopped. DUMB, I know. Since we got the test results of zero sperm back, he has been taking 1000 IU's of HCG every third day and he took 100mg Clomid the first week and now he's taking 50mg. He has been taking this things for two weeks now. Any ideas on how long he should take these things...? I was thinking 3 weeks HCG and 4-6 weeks Clomid?? His test levels are sooo low, I'm worried that he has done irreversible damage??? Oh yeah, and we do have a 20month old child and he also has another child from a previous marriage, so I know he was once fertile. I'm so upset right now! I really need some advise!!!!!!!

As much as hcg and clomid can bring natural test levels back to normal he still needs to run an anti-estrogen with the hcg or estrgon levels will be elevated and can cause problems.

So what types of problems could too much estrogen cause?? Also, what anti-estrogen do you recommend?? Is Nolva an anti-est??

So what types of problems could too much estrogen cause?? Also, what anti-estrogen do you recommend?? Is Nolva an anti-est??
    yes nolva can do the trick, but aromasin or arimidex would be even better. too much estrogen can cause gyno 'bitch tits' for example.

Thank you so much for your input! I have one more question. Is is strange that my husband had virtually no testosterone (total test.=41) when he had taken several HCG injections already. I thought that HCG immediately raised test. for at least 4 days or so?? Or does it take longer to cause affects??

How many hcg shots has he taken ? and did he test his testosterone levels after how many shots of hcg ?

Okay we got the semen analysis results back on a Thursday and he did 1000 iu's of HCG that day. Then again on Sunday and again on Wednesday (same dose). He had his test and LH and FSH checked on that Wednesday, so he had taken 2-3 injections of HCG. He had taken 100mg of Clomid also during this time and he LH was Zero point Zero!!

I know it takes time for things to normalize, I just want to have confidence that he is responding properly to the meds at this point.

Hcg does not raise LH, but clomid does. Let him keep going, his recovery is not going to be as easy, 1 thing that was the most misunderstood in the steroid community is why it takes longer for someone to recover who was shutdown for a year than someone who was shutdown for couple of months, simply i dont know the answer but apperantly thats the way it is, so for him its gonna take longer to bring back the levels to normal, If you want my advice on what to do next, it would be after 2 more shots of hcg let him discontinue taking it, get some nolva and aromasin asap and run them along with the clomid.

How much nolva and aromasin should he be taking with 50mg of Clomid and for how long would you do it? I sooo appreciate your input!

let him bump the clomid to 100mg, clomid can be ineffective for some ppl at 50mg. run Nolvadex at 20mg everday for 6wks and aromasin at 25mg for 4wks. order them when you can, ar-r (our sponsor has them available), he can actually just discontinue the hcg when you recieve those meds.

Okay, how long after starting the new meds should he continue the Clomid?? I know I'm quizzing you like you're a doctor or something, but I've been reading a LOT of threads on here and you seem to really know what you're talking about so I'd like to take your advice. Also, when you think he should test again??

let him continue clomid for a total of 4-5wks. and to test again half way in the nolva and aromasin use, and again at the end.

I think I got it now! Thanks so much!

no problem, hopefully it will all work out and he would be able to give you a healthy baby

Thread Information