musclestack is offline Productive Member

longer PCT=more kept gains??

Just a question out of curiosity....from research, I understand that the 'typical' amount of PCT time is 4 weeks (consisting of clomid and nolva primarily as staple SERMs). Would there be any advantage to running PCT for, say, 6 weeks in an attempt to get HPTA to return to normal more efficiently?

I know that SERMs are harsh, and that could be the primary (or only) reason to limit the time on them.

Anyone with some input on this?

MS

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't suggest running a longer pct unless your cycle was longer than the normal 12 week cycle. The main thing is to plan your cycle correctly to make pct smoother. Making sure you have everything you need before you start. Using an AI on cycle for estrogen control and running hcg along side to maintain testicular function during your cycle. Last of running a good 4 week pct and the real recovery is after your pct has ended

Thanks for the response Jim! Yea, I was just curious as to why people only stuck to 4 week PCT protocols. Do you know of anyone who has done a 6 week (or longer) PCT, and whether or not it helped them return to normal HPTA faster?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    My bw comes back fine after 3 weeks of PCT. I run 4 anyway just in case. If its taking you 6 weeks to get natty test levels back there might be an issue. Are you running HCG durring your cycle up to PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Thanks for the response Jim! Yea, I was just curious as to why people only stuck to 4 week PCT protocols. Do you know of anyone who has done a 6 week (or longer) PCT, and whether or not it helped them return to normal HPTA faster?
    of course it will help under certain circumstances if you are considering it why don't you post up your cycle length doses including the AI and hcg if you used hcg?

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If I remember correctly JimmyInkdup runs and recommends Nolva at 6weeks after a cycle consisting of a 19nor. His clomid stays at 4 weeks. I'll try to find the link

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    If I remember correctly JimmyInkdup runs and recommends Nolva at 6weeks after a cycle consisting of a 19nor. His clomid stays at 4 weeks. I'll try to find the link
    6 week pct clomid 100/50/50/50 tamox 40/40/20/20/20/20

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    of course it will help under certain circumstances if you are considering it why don't you post up your cycle length doses including the AI and hcg if you used hcg?
    Thanks, Jim. But it was more a question out of curiosity. I will be running a cycle consisting of Test Prop @ 150mg/eod, HCG @ 250mg every fourth day. My pct will only be 4 weeks long, consisting of clomid and nolva, so I was just asking about a longer pct for educational purposes.

From what I've gathered from the responses I got, one may have to run a longer pct if they have been on cycle for an exceptional period of time using numerous compounds. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Thanks, Jim. But it was more a question out of curiosity. I will be running a cycle consisting of Test Prop @ 150mg/eod, HCG @ 250mg every fourth day. My pct will only be 4 weeks long, consisting of clomid and nolva, so I was just asking about a longer pct for educational purposes.

From what I've gathered from the responses I got, one may have to run a longer pct if they have been on cycle for an exceptional period of time using numerous compounds. Is this correct?
    Correct for that cycle you only need a 4 week pct but you need to run an ai alongside. Either Aromasin or Arimidex

What would you suggest the dosage be for aromasin ? And does running aromasin during cycle make it easier to recover during pct?

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    What would you suggest the dosage be for aromasin? And does running aromasin during cycle make it easier to recover during pct?
    Managing estrogen during your cycle is going to make going in to pct better yes. 12.5 mg Ed to start and adjust from there if needed

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Managing estrogen during your cycle is going to make going in to pct better yes. 12.5 mg Ed to start and adjust from there if needed
    Thanks Jim. Managed to get my question answered regarding my post, as well as input on my own cycle. Win. Win.

Good luck and be safe

Thread Information