raw bslaya is offline Junior Member

Exclamation How to Train Properly During PCT

Hi guys,

I will be starting my first ever PCT on September 29. I am wondering about proper training during this period. I have heard "lower volume" but what exactly does this mean? Generally I train to build strength and most of my big exercises are 5x5 with the exception of a few muscle groups such as biceps, calves, etc.

Should I lower my weight and/or lower my sets? Perhaps 3 heavy sets of 5 reps for compound exercises such as bench press, deadlift and squat then remove a few accessory exercises from each split day? I am more concerned about maintaining my strength than mass. I plan to take 1 rest day in between each day in the gym.

Here was my cycle if it matters:

Weeks 1-10 - Test E 250mg 2x/week
    Weeks 10-13 - Test Prop 100mg EOD
    Weeks 1-13 - Arimidex 0.5mg EOD
    Weeks 4-13 - HCG 250iu 2x/week

PCT (Week 14):
    Clomid 100/100/50/50
    Ralox 120/60/60/60
    DAA 3/3/3/3

Supports: Whey, Creatine Mono, Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Leucine, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Fish Oils, Multivitamin, ALA

End stats:
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 189
    Bf%: 8.9

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    My experience has been I need more rest time during the week, lower the weight a little and drop the sets.

It looks like I do more sets than u normally and I was training 3 days on 1 off. I would usually do 12-15 sets for chest, 18 back, 12 quads ect. U get the idea. Now in pct I've dropped like 3 sets off each body part cause I noticed I'm much more sore for longer.

Since I've been in pct I've noticed I can't push the same weight and it stresses my joints more so I lowered a little.

I wouldnt beat urself up if u lose strength. It's better than injuring urself.

Quote Originally Posted by lucabratzi View Post
    My experience has been I need more rest time during the week, lower the weight a little and drop the sets.

It looks like I do more sets than u normally and I was training 3 days on 1 off. I would usually do 12-15 sets for chest, 18 back, 12 quads ect. U get the idea. Now in pct I've dropped like 3 sets off each body part cause I noticed I'm much more sore for longer.

Since I've been in pct I've noticed I can't push the same weight and it stresses my joints more so I lowered a little.

I wouldnt beat urself up if u lose strength. It's better than injuring urself.
    Thanks for the advice man, I will listen to my body

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    three sets for the compound movements seems good. go heavy and keep it intense. 3 or 4 times max per week at 45 min to an hour tops should be plenty. youre gonna really have to push hard through it man. the main thing will be upping your calories through pct. alot of people up their protein. im going through it as we speak and ive upped my carbs considerably with very good results. hope youre able to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    three sets for the compound movements seems good. go heavy and keep it intense. 3 or 4 times max per week at 45 min to an hour tops should be plenty. youre gonna really have to push hard through it man. the main thing will be upping your calories through pct. alot of people up their protein. im going through it as we speak and ive upped my carbs considerably with very good results. hope youre able to recover.
    Thanks for the tip man, it is day 4 of PCT and I don't think my T levels have fully dropped to rock bottom yet. I did a quick chest pump on Monday and hit all of my heavy sets on bench as per usual. Yesterday I went in for a quick deadlift session and noticed the weight felt a lot heavier than usual on my warmups... I still got my sets in but the last rep or two was a bit of a grinder. My lower back and core didn't feel as tight. I've gone from 192.5 last friday to 189 currently. Keeping cals high and added a weight gainer shake midday to ensure I hit them. I'm going to try to stay positive and push through, it's only a few more weeks and I should start seeing some light.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't do TRT because I'm on TRT but I find for the first few weeks of switching back I have next to no energy. I just to to the gym and do what I can knowing that in a few weeks time I will feel great again. Don't sweat the small details.

maddad is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    I don't do TRT because I'm on TRT but I find for the first few weeks of switching back I have next to no energy. I just to to the gym and do what I can knowing that in a few weeks time I will feel great again. Don't sweat the small details.
    Yeah I have friends pin tren and still concerned about minute preworkout supplement timing and details. I'm just happy to not hurt myself.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Eat eat eat to retain mass.
    Training should be HIT. High intensity, low volume. Negatives,forced reps etc but no spending hours in the gym. In an out under one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Eat eat eat to retain mass.
    Training should be HIT. High intensity, low volume. Negatives,forced reps etc but no spending hours in the gym. In an out under one hour.
    That's exactly what I've been doing. I blast through my workout, dropped from five sets to three sets on most exercises, still trying to keep it heavy. I'm throwing 10g of Leucine in my water bottle while I'm working out.

Week 1 is almost over, so far so good. Weighed in at 188 today, hopefully I don't drop too much more. Looking a lot leaner/vascular...

Thread Information